1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Finally! First Scrimmage Footage of Dwight Howard with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2013.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

AB will get more minutes because I believe Lin and Bev will be doing a combo guard thing out there for awahile, Kevin seems to trust that.

2. Rox23

Rox23 Member

TJones actually played pretty bad in the first half of the video. He took the ball into the paint surrounded by three defenders--got trapped; then he drove and threw up a brick; then he missed a layup; then he missed a three pointer; and then finally....he got a nice steal off a lazy pass and made two three pointers in a row. Let people get excited over nothing if they want to--basketball's back!!

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

By the way, I had a video interview of Chandler from after the scrimmage, but the Instagram app hadn't uploaded my Dwight interview yet and the Chandler one didn't save. It's unfortunate, because I liked Chandler's response after he was asked what about Dwight had surprised him:

"All camp, he's been making his free throws at a very high rate."

Obviously it remains to be seen whether this transfers to real NBA games, but it's not just Dwight excelling in his side work after practice. It sounds like he's stepping up and also converting his free throws during "game situations" with the team, as well.

4. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Thanks Clutch! awesome video, Jlin has vision and a good passer. I think Brewer will make the team, he passes and plays without the ball, energetic. Casspi seems to struggle. :/

I noticed one thing lol the 2 new guys, Casspi plays like Parsons? Reggie Williams plays like Harden? Only not as Good.

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

This "struggle" that you speak of, is referring to the 2 missed shots, I assume. Just to be clear.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOVE THIS PLACE !!!

Bring on the season !

DD

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LMAO @ "I didn't even touch you Chandler...God d***..."

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thank you, Sir Clutch, very much.

9. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

It goes back to his crappy shooting in the Euro games.

A crappy 10 year old horse that loses 1 more race is not going change your view that its crappy or make you any more hopeful that it'll get good.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, i wasn't a fan of his new release, but if it's going in, then keep it up. Looked alright in this video.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He did that last year also, he'll be fine.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

13. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Eh, I'm not sold on Brooks just yet. He stepped up his game in 2nd half of the video when Jeremy was primary ball-handler, but when Lin was out at the beginning, he looked completely lost and without confidence. He got an open shot, but passed it (was it McHale that encouraged Parsons and Brooks to shoot open shots)?

He seems like he's afraid he'll screw up and was just passing the ball around. But when Lin came in, everything changed...he hit a 3 (although he waited for a century to shoot it) and he made a nice, aggressive layup. I guess he needed to see Lin do it first...the guy is fearless and super confident. I think we will see a much better Lin than last season (at least as good as last three months, if not better).

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

On a related note, what are the chances of Chandler Parsons making the cut?

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Based on 45 seconds of shooting drills... not good.

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

He was playing at Eurobasket, give him a break. Other (except for Asik) have been working on their game, bodies...while Casspi was busy being the man in his NT and busting his ass. Eurobasket games have NBA playoff intensity. It's one thing working on your body and game in a controlled enviroment with home comfort...entirely another thing are one month of preparation games and then Eurobasket games far away from home.

18. Rox23

Rox23 Member

19. Fighton

Fighton Member

how do you even "see it" or "not see it" based on a 9 min video and all of 2 shots taken?

20. Play07

Play07 Member