1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook out 4 to 6 weeks of the season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by fawadhm, Oct 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I know it's easy to get cocky about the Rockets' status as a draw, but take it easy guys, Durant has 3 years left on his contract.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

In between your nonsense in the GARM and the Texans forum, you have got to be the worst poster on cfans.

3. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Tough break for OKC .

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it always amazes me how happy fans get over injuries of other players. If anything, Houston fans would want to beat teams at full strength so there are no excuses for the media to pounce on. You guys do remember our two Micheal Jordan-less world championships right?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd take 2 more Micheal Jordan-less world championships......

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He definitely won't next season.

7. tomato

tomato Member

I wonder if Westbrook is learning to use more discipline during his rehabbing, which could eventually make OKC a bigger threat. Or he could be practicing jumpshots, making his lack of discipline into an asset. I'm pessimistic, I forsee a cocky Rockets in the top 2 or 3 in the West until Russell gets that explosiveness back and then things get really interesting.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Meanwhile Brooks is the 3rd string PG on a team just years earlier he was leading in the playoffs.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook magically learning discipline and returning at 100% is the only possible way OKC isn't worse than they were last year. Outside of Durant and Westbrook, they don't have any legit scorers unless Lamb decides to become a great player overnight.

The more likely scenario is that Westbrook will be the same old selfish volume shooter he has always been with a little bit less explosiveness when he comes back.

10. MONON

MONON Member

Which spells "doom & gloom" instead of Thunder for OKC.

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

It's weird that he's out so long. Pretty much everyone that plays basketball a lot, even on a recreational basis, has suffered a torn meniscus at some point. Usually you just have to take it easy for a few weeks while it heals (and your knee keeps making that annoying popping noise). His case must have been pretty bad

12. thisiscaketown

As long as the Miami Heat remain healthy, no one except NBA history buffs will care about Westbrook's injury.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Read the article: Thunder general manager Sam Presti said that the swelling in Westbrook's knee was caused by a loose stitch from the previous surgery and that Westbrook's meniscus has healed properly.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

And so begins the downward spiral of another talented combo guard who relies on super athleticism to be effective.

15. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

homosexual chris bosh? really?

16. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Hope dude gets better soon but if we focus and play our game, our goal of attaining home court just got a bit easier.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

You keep your 0 "pure" championships, and I'll take my 2 "any f'in way I can get them" championships.

18. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Cant believe bumping knees caused so much damage. beverly is the smallest guy afteraaron brooks

19. Asian Sensation

If he wasn't such a douche I bet he wouldn't have had swelling and needed a 2nd operation.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is tragic. I don't particularly care for his on court demeanor, but I like watching him play. Great athleticism can disappear in a second. Sad. I wish him well. OKC is not the same without him. It may not ever be the same with him.