1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kumakun, Sep 14, 2013.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

then someone should start a ballstream thread.

national games will be available in archive mode this year, fwiw

2. moose

moose Member

Are you talking about LPBB or ballstream regarding national games?

3. across110thstreet

I am talking about LP & LPBB, the topic of this thread.

new features this season will allow users to choose home or away broadcast teams and (it appears) will be archiving previously blacked out national games.

4. moose

moose Member

Awesome!

5. hltiki

hltiki Member

Hey guys,

sorry if this question has been asked, but when do we get to select our teams again?

I bought LP broadband last year and it looks like it's asking me to buy it again.... I thought it was supposed to repurchase it automatically each year.

6. across110thstreet

^^^

I haven't received the introductory email with auto renew options, but usually they offer the full package (30 teams) in preview mode,
    then after the end of the first week of the season you have to lock your teams in by then...

7. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm moving to Austin before the season. Will the rockets be blackouted for me on LP?

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Not at all. I lived there last year for a few months and I used NBA LP via Time Warner Cable which included broadband and it was fine. (You should be able to use any provider)

However, when they play the Spurs, you will need to tune into the local Fox Sports Southwest. That's the only time you'll have issues as Austin is a Spurs territory.

1 person likes this.
  9. moose

moose Member

No, unless they play the spurs. Austin is Spurs market. I live out here.

1 person likes this.
  10. hltiki

hltiki Member

thx for the re. :)

11. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Has anyone successfully used their league pass concurrently on two devices? I have an Xbox in my living room and my roommate is a Spurs fan, so I'd like to be able to watch two separate devices at the same time, with the same account.

12. moose

moose Member

I've shared my LPBB for years. Never had a problem when playing two separate devices at the same time.

1 person likes this.
  13. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

great point...I live in the Rio Grande Valley, and wondering if I should get League pass...Last season, Direct Tv had a free week of League to open the season. And even then, the Rockets games were blacked out. Does anyone know if that's gonna be the case this season?

14. mfgarza

I wonder if the Rio Grande Valley is considered Rockets territory, thus making them subjected to blackout here on League pass.

15. mfgarza

if that's the case, I would think that choosing the opponents broadcast would allow us to watch the games in living in a area that they're blacked out.

16. mfgarza

you kinda answered my question...I live in Edinburg, which is about 50 miles from Brownsville, and the Rockets games were blacked out here last season as well...well, that would suck if that's the case again this season...No point in getting the LP then.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

sorry if it's been asked, but does anyone know how to bypass the location verification so you can watch LP Broadband games while in the Houston area?

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

My brother and I shared a LPB account last season, I was in Kansas City and he was in Houston but we could watch on the same account at the same time.

19. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Buy a VPN subscription, download accompanying program. Run program, log into VPN account. Connect to a different city (Seattle). Start internet, go to league pass sign in, sign in and start watching. Once game is going, you can drop VPN.

I use privateinternetaccess... super simple to use.

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I used LPBB with a VPN (privateinternetaccess) to block my location during the last couple of months of last season. It worked very well, and that was with a DSL connection. I have Comcast Internet now, so I'm expecting it to work even better this season.

I'll def be getting it again this season if a deal doesn't get done in time. I checked out the prices for LPBB and it's: 5 x $42.99 ($214.95) for all 30 teams, or 5 x $28.99 ($144.95) for the five team deal. I also checked the pricing to get it through my TV carrier, DirecTV, and it costs: 6 x $31.99 ($191.94). Additionally, when you get it from a cable company it includes access to LPBB for all 30 teams.

I think I'm going to go the DirecTV route. Being able to watch all 30 teams on my TVs and have access to LPBB for the Rockets just seems like the best bargain. And if a CSN deal happens to get done after the season starts, I'll still be able to kick back and watch some random team play when the Rockets aren't. So it won't be a total waste there.

The only negative for me right now is that my laptop is about 5 years old and doesn't have an HDMI. And my living room TV is mounted on the wall where its VGA input isn't easily accessible. I have no "want to" in taking the TV down and snaking a VGA through the wall, so I'm looking at THIS as a solution.