1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kumakun, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You should be okay. When I lived in Austin this past year, league pass worked fine for the Rockets. No blackouts.

Unless of course they're playing the Spurs, in which case you tune into the local FSN station

2. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

How much is it for League Pass on DirecTV? I am seriously considering signing up for DirecTV since Comcast lacks HD League Pass channels.

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

It is the same price on all cable/satellite providers. $189. You have the option of breaking it down into payments

4. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I would wait till close to the start of the season and see if DirecTV offers League Pass for free to new subscribers. I'm not sure if they normally do it, but I know they just had a promotion for free NFL Sunday Ticket. You're making a 2 year commitment if you sign up for DirecTV so make sure you get all the deals you can get in the beginning. Another approach would be to call them and say you're thinking about switching and ask them to convince you to do it.

If you don't get the deal you want try calling back later and talking to a different agent. They want new subscribers and also try hard to keep them after their 2 year commitment runs out. I was able to get my bill cut from $130 to $65 for $12 months by calling to cancel my service so I could switch to another provider. When my bill goes up I'll call again to see if I can get any deals. The key is trying to not extend your commitment beyond the initial 2 years. Anytime you lease new hardware or upgrade hw you usually have to extend two years. Make sure you get the latest hardware up front.

5. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Just subscribed Ballstream today, have a few issues:

I only can watch on my desktop PC, it works perfectly. (On-demand D-league games. Tried my laptop and tablet, It wont work. It shows games on my tablet, when I clicked the game, the player don't play the game. For my laptop, there is no game link to click.

I depends on my tab or laptop( which can link to my TV) to watch games when season starts, unfortunately not my desktop PC.

Do somebody know the reason?

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

should have subscribed to NBA League Pass instead.

7. TTNN

TTNN Member

Do you know whether they will cover pre-season games?

8. TTNN

TTNN Member

Oh, somehow I think you will need to login to a different link from PC login when you use tablet or Ipad....

9. corby

corby Contributing Member

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work on your laptop, works great for me. Post a screenshot of the laptop view that is missing the link?

What kind of tablet do you have? iPads don't play Flash, so you have to use the mobile version of the site to stream to an iPad.

I also followed their instructions to get it streaming to PS3 and XBox 360, and it works great, HD streaming to my TV.

10. corby

Yes, they do preseason.

11. corby

That would have worked great for me if League Pass would let me watch preseason games.

Or postseason games.

Or the All-Star game.

Or any nationally televised game.

Or any Houston Rockets game without using some janky third-party service to pretend that I'm connecting from another state.

12. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

IE should work for your laptop. I have no problem at all.

For android tablet, use m.ballstream.com. Or if you can locate the link of the stream, copy and paste to the MX Player Pro's network stream, it works perfect.

no clue about ipad.

13. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Tried another laptop, it is working now, maybe that laptop is too old. So it is all good. but my android tablet still does not work, select the summer league game, it shows spinning circle one one site and nothing happening on m.ballsteam site. There is a small grey screen on the left corner, I cant even select it.

At least my PC and laptop is working perfectly, hopefully it will work fine like now when season starts. I plan to watch on my TV through my laptop.

The reason I choose ballstream is I can watch all games, no more blackout.

14. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

There should be a link underneath it when its spinning. You can copy it and paste it in a media player that can play network stream . They suggest VLC Player but MX Player works well for me. There is a free version you can install from Google Play.

I like to watch games using my Note 10.1.

15. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Do you think it will work if I connect my tab to TV using HDMI cable?

16. newAge_Rockets

Best place to get a VPN?

17. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Good thought but I've never seen league pass offered for free or even at a discount for new subscribers. I've subscribed to directv six or seven times over the years as I moved. Always worked well except last year.

18. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

I just subscribed to ball streams, anybody here use them before? The archived games look really nice..one way to watch ball streams on tv is via the roku, they have an app for it. My home boy tried it out earlier today and said it was working perfectly. I can't wait for the games to start :)

19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Yep, I have some friends who used their HockeyStreams.com service for a couple years, and loved it. I'm really looking forward to BallStreams this year! :grin:

20. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Don't play on their site, don't play on VLC either. Download the MX Player, it is working perfectly, why is that? MX is better than VLC? Can I use a HDMI cable and connect my tablet to my TV and watch it?