1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Should I start Jared Cook(31.10pts & 2.00pts) or Martellus Bennett((13.90pts & 26.60pts) this week? PPR

Jared Cook had the big week 1, but was a non-factor in week 2 and burned me because of it. He had 6 targets, but Bradford started to look elsewhere in the second half.

Bennett is clearly a go-to redzone target for Cutler. Has an apparent should injury that he played through last week without issue. #3 target behind Marshall & Forte.

I'm leaning towards Bennett, only because I shy away from boom/bust players in favor of consistency.

2. what

what Member

you need to go espn next level to decide. find out who'll be covering Cook, what their defense looks like against tes. In reality, but players are pretty equal as far as fantasy stats go.

3. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Should I pick up Giants or Titans for week 4 Defense?

Giants @ Chiefs
    Titans vs Jets

4. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Titans.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Trade Away: Jimmy Graham & Eddie Lacy

Trade For: Matt Forte & Owen Daniels

Standard scoring format. My buddy seems to think he needs an upgrade at TE with only OD and Ed Dickson. I think Owen can keep this level of play up consistently though.

I need RBs as I only have Trent Richardson, Daryl Richardson, and Knowshon Moreno with Eddie Lacy for now of course.

Would you make this trade?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd keep Graham/Lacy since it's standard scoring but if Heath Miller is available I might do it. Daniels always finds a way to fall off. On the RB's, those are the same characters I seem to have in most of my leagues, except include David Wilson (sigh).

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They've been very underwhelming so far.

Lacy looked like he could get it going once he got over the fumble in Candlestick and what does he do, get concussed one carry into last weeks game.... guess who started him....

D. Richardson has been awesome in PPR but pretty average in standard leagues. T. Richardson has been bottled up by some pretty good run defenses while Gordon was serving his suspension. Now he's lost his starting QB so lets see if Hoyer can turn this around and get the big guy going. Knowshon I just picked up off the wire in exchange for Ball, I'm planning on starting him this week hopefully he turns in another solid performance like last week in NY.

I think the upgrade to my RB core will pay tremendous dividends even with the hit my TE production will take, so long as everyone stays healthy of course.

8. mulletman

mulletman Member

Any thoughts on these trades?

M. Vick and T. Richardson
    for
    A.Peterson and T.Brady

M.Ryan and A.Bradshaw
    for
    D.Brees and D.Wilson

in this league, its 7 pts/TD - doesnt matter if its passing, receiving, or running

too one sided to even propose?

9. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I like the Peterson/Brady side.

and slightly like the Ryan/Bradshaw side to be safe.

I'd gamble and have the Brees/Wilson side though.

10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Need to start 3 WRs (standard scoring):

AJ Green vs. GB
    V. Cruz @ Carolina
    Jordy Nelson @ Cincy
    R. Cobb @ Cincy

Debating on whether to sit Cruz and start both Nelson & Cobb. Bengals D is tough but so is Carolina's at home. Eli looked really shaky last week.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just traded Bennett for Ridley. I'm down to Jordan Cameron at TE but oh well.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Dwayne Allen is out for the year - Fleener is the main TE now in Indy so I would add him asap - figure he should be available and he had a good game this past week (though upcoming against SF dont expect him to do too much)

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In one league (non-ppr; start 2 rb, 3 wr), I have

Kaepernick
    J. Charles/Ridley/B.Tate/J.Starks/Fred Jackson/Leveon Bell
    Jared Cook/B.Myers

The guy who has Steven Jackson has:

Peyton Manning
    M.Lynch/S.Jackson/C.Ivory
    V.Davis/M.Bennett

I want to offer him Kaepernick/Ridley/Myers for Manning/S.Jackson/V.Davis.

I figure that my reserves should be able to get me through the next few weeks. Do you guys think that's a fair offer?

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Pick 3

Nelson (GB) vs Cincinnati

Bowe (KC) vs Philadelphia

Austin (STL) vs Dallas

Wallace (MIA) vs Atlanta

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Nelson (GB) vs Cincinnati

Austin (STL) vs Dallas

Wallace (MIA) vs Atlanta

I say stick to your guns.

16. Lil Pun

Should I do this trade:

RECEIVE:

S. Jackson (ATL)

W. Welker (DEN)

SEND:

B. Powell (NYJ)

D. Bowe (KC)

It looks like a no brainer and I should pull the trigger. My thought is that what if during the 2-4 weeks Jackson is out, Rodgers, or Snelling make an excellent impression and rob him of his job? You're only one injury away from losing your spot in the league.

17. Lil Pun

Wow! I was almost certain everybody would say Bowe against that pathetic Philly pass D.

18. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

How about DEF/ST?

I have STL @ DAL and KC @ PHI.

Everyone is defaulting to STL on this, but I'm actually leaning towards KC here. While the PHI has been impressive, Chip Kelly offenses typically feast when playing against weak defenses (Most of the PAC 12). Yet every year a Stanford or Auburn came along, popped them in the mouths & held them under 20pts.

Michael Vick is due for his first INT of the season, and a couple fumbles wouldn't surprise me either. Poe will destroy that O-Line, Houston should be able to tee off, Flowers & Berry anchor a great secondary...

Am I crazy here?

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Nelson/Bowe/Wallace

20. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Who to Start Question for WR2 & Flex

Available: Tavon Austin (@ Dallas), Greg Jennings (Cle), TY Hilton (@SF), Fred Jackson (@NYJ), Mart Bennet (@PIT)

Tavon and Bennet seems to be the way to go (I'm concerned over the other matchups). Also, as reference, I have Vernon Davis as my TE1.

#6760 Mr Boo, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013