1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kumakun, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

They have been doing it for the NHL since 2007. And because of their success, are providing their work for NBA fans starting this season.

They are based in the Netherlands.... IF they were going to be banned, shouldn't they have been banned by now?

This is what they told me when I asked them about being banned:
    "We are based out of the legal jurisdiction of the copyright holders - so we are perfectly legal."

Check there F.A.Q: http://www.ballstreams.com/contact_us/faq

ONLY IF - you have a jailbroken Apple TV, you can use XBMC to stream BallStreams on your Apple TV directly.

YES - you can Airplay from your iPad or any iOS device to your Apple TV.

YES - you get every game for all 30 teams. With NO blackouts.

Instead of myself (Superman) asking the BallStreams admin your questions, you can feel free to make a free account there and ask them as many more questions as you like. They are pretty fast with their feedback! :grin:

Questions about BallStreams for this season: http://www.ballstreams.com/support/categories/1/announcements/4086/20132014+Season

2. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

3. corby

corby Contributing Member

The BallStreams site definitely could get shut down over legal issues, but like Dominant says, their existing site Hockeystreams has been up for a long, long time (and got excellent reviews on Reddit), so I decided to take my chances.

I purchased the $60 annual subscription, and had instant access to all of the summer league games and the Finals from the archives. Screen quality on the streams was very good, here's a snapshot:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3691/9767693842_6c225fe390_o.png

I would have gladly paid $200 for NBA League Pass, but there is so much nonsense with that product (no preseason, no playoffs, no nationally televised games, local blackout), that it just becomes a big hassle.

4. Mr. Dominant

Hundreds and hundreds, most likely thousands and thousands of people use BallStreams IN America, and it's been running since 2007.
    So I don't think the question is where the receiving individual is located.
    It seems to be proven (because of its running since 2007) that because it's based out of the legal jurisdiction IN the Netherlands, it's extremely unlikely that BallStreams will shut down.

In conclusion, I don't know the future, so I don't think it's wise for me to convince you or any other Clutchfan member that BallStreams will or will never shut down.

But what I do know, is that, they have been running, legally (since they are based in Netherlands) since 2007, and providing fans all over the globe with their service for all NHL games, beautifully, as nicely as they can, for a legit price.

So, for ONLY $60 for a 12 month membership that includes all preseason, regular season, post season and finals, and olympic games compared to the nasty high price for NBA LP + blackouts + having to deal with proxies and all that IP address stuff, I think it doesn't hurt to try it, and you can use PayPal as well to pay.
    Also, you can always cancel and get your money back as a pro rated refund and minus a 5% fee when/if you want to cancel, IF this service somehow doesn't impress you, which based on what I've seen and read, I'm about 99.9% it will impress you! :grin:

5. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Good luck then :). I got my league pass for about twice that amount, but I'll sleep better at night (not better than you, but better than if I don't have ILP :)).

6. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Thanks for the info. Are there any regular games for last seasons?

7. moose

moose Member

how is ballstreams interface? it is easy to use? it is an application like LPBB or u just click on the link on the website and it plays in the browser?

8. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

I've been following the rockets seriously for 4 years and they haven't seen a dime from me yet... Been watching illegal streams and the such. I think it's only fair I finally get league pass now that I can afford it. Plus the deal we're getting in India is pretty sweet.

Plus binging on last season games is the only way I'm gonna make it to November. Can't take the waiting anymore.

9. Mr. Dominant

No application. Use their website.

This is an example of a progressive stream BallStreams stream window (It downloads the video as you stream incase of network interruptions):

[​IMG]

Q: How do I watch progressive streams, as opposed to flash streams?

A: You'd click on On-Demand Streams from our website, choose your stream, and it's the default player. Live feeds have the timebar along with the ability to pause and rewind.

[​IMG]

10. Mr. Dominant

BallStreams Refund Policy:

[​IMG]

11. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

So no refunds after 48 hours of purchasing?

12. nepopop

nepopop Member

Paid U$136 here in Brazil for premium subscription (with the 15% promo code).

I like the fact that i will be able to listen Clyde every game!! Wonder if he will need to beg for Dwight to dunk like he always did with Asik!

13. corby

corby Contributing Member

No, they just started the service in June.

14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

paid $120 CAD for international version.

fed up by django and p*rn on the stream website...

15. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Can US viewer buy international version?

16. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

lol, popstreams

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I really like this feature and that national games can be viewed in archive mode, if I am reading that correctly...

18. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I'm Canadian, but I assume you can just use proxy to get it. Heck some guy earlier used proxy to get Thai version for cheaper.

19. Convictedstupid

Accidentally bought league pass twice. I stopped my subscription on one, and sent in a ticket. I haven't had a good experience with nba.com customer service in the past. Hopefully they actually answer the ticket I sent in this time about getting a refund.

20. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

So just to clarify, there are no blackouts for any team using international league pass?