1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon Working With Dwight Howard and Jeremy Lin in Aspen, Colorado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Sep 11, 2013.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Why does Aaron Brooks junior faint?

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

More God given talent than Magic!!! Lol. Come on man. Magic was so dominant, it's not even funny. He's like the greatest player of all time, IMO. Bad comparison!!

3. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

This is racist man. Who said Asians were smarter? I know a lot of Asian dummies. lol. Just kidding.

4. PatBeverleyFan

Nice from Dwight working with the new back up point guard. :)

5. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

How funny Dwight wasn't working with Beverley which you think he will be the starter for next season.:p

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So the Lin debate has now come down to how Lin is best buds with Dwight.

7. raskol

A spot up shooter who controls the fast break in our run n gun offense and has the most assists on the team.. What are you talking about?? Harden's a star, of course he's gonna get the ball more than Lin. But giving it to Harden just because he wants it?? Like Kobe?? No. You play team basketball like you're supposed to with the pg controlling the offense, which coincidentally will lead to Harden and Howard having the majority of shots, as they're supposed to. Last year, without much experience with the team in combination with Lin's terrible start, Harden was forced to handle the ball and iso much more than was efficient for his level, which I believe is superstar level. Simply put, harden is a budding superstar sg who is most efficient as a playmaking scoring SG, and Lin is most effective as a run n gun pg. let them play their natural positions. Harden will get the majority of shots anyways like he's supposed to.

I hate people just giving a free pass to Kobe just cuz he's Kobe and now you have people saying let Harden do whatever he wants and to just give him the basketball and get out the way.. This isn't street ball.

8. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Kobe gets a free pass cause 5 chips mean something. And this idea that the PG should always have the ball is old. The game has evolved where players have multiple skills. You have Power Forwards shooting more threes, Shooting guards playing the point, point guards being the team's main scorer. It has evolved to a point where all round games are more valuable than being good in just one skill.

And throughout history whenever the star player of the team is a wing player he usually dominates the ball and there's no way around it. Kobe with Fisher, LBJ with Chalmers, MJ with whoever.

9. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

DUh dummy!

10. raskol

Straight up, Kobe's ruining his teams future with his selfish game. Why are you propping him up? And this isn't the triangle offense and LBJ is nearly a pg in a pf's body. And just fyi I do think Harden should get the majority of touches, he is our best offensive weapon. Just that jeremy should be the pg and play as such. Why the hesitancy and opposition to Lin playing pg? It wouldn't even look all that different from last year. Lin still needs to hit those corner 3s, Lin still needs to learn to play offball. It'll just be a tad more fluid and less likely to resort to back to back to back isos, that's all.

I love Hardens game. Let him do his thing! But don't spoil him like Kobe and ruin him. As a coach, once you let a player do whatever he wants, you can't reverse it so easily. You're molding what kind of player he will eventually become, a team oriented player or a me first player. Hardens doing great but he's not a pg. he just isn't. Btw, my opinion may be because I'm getting old, lol.

1 person likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

we're our best when we're moving the ball. when we blew those teams out of the water, it was bc lin was playing sensational basketball as a PG. When we struggled, it was because he sucked. If you asked harden to run the pg, there would be way too much sticky icky, and coach Mc doesn't like sticky icky or so he told us repeatedly. Lin has a nice feel for the game and setting his teammates where those teammates can set up other teammates for open shots. Obviously, harden is the superstar and just like lin need to learn to play off the ball better, harden has to be able to pick his spots. Even more so now that Dwight will be averaging 26 a game. :)

give bol to big man!

2 people like this.
  12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

While it is true that the team fares better if Lin brings his A game, you are giving far too much credit to him. This team isn't living or dying by Jeremy Lin.

13. raskol

True. But he really is the X factor imo. I think this is because of the nature of the pg position. A pg gets going, the whole team should be rocking and rolling. Still, The bigger factors are: integrating Howard while maintaining our offensive potency. Keeping Harden rested and efficient continuing to reach superstar level. And making sure that we become a top tier defense (top 5). I have a good feeling about this year

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I agree that he is the x-factor, especially come playoff time. If he continues to improve Harden gets more rest and the team has another shot creating option.

15. rj3000

rj3000 Member

Were they working out or fishing? Guess they didn't get to go shrimp fishing together in Taiwan so Dwight invited him to go fishing in Aspen.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Jeremy Lin in Aspen training with Howard, also to go fishing (fly-fishing)&quot; via <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23weibo&amp;src=hash">#weibo</a> <a href="http://t.co/d4b03tk6hf">pic.twitter.com/d4b03tk6hf</a></p>&mdash; marisa (@lifangcc) <a href="https://twitter.com/lifangcc/statuses/378429603733204992">September 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

I think Dwight loves fishing. Been seeming multiple photos that he was doing fishing. :cool:

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And who invited who on their trip.... cause its telling who invited who.... If Jeremy invited himself or Howard, then he's desperate, and maybe Dwight doesn't want to be his BFF. If Howard invited Lin then THEY ARE BFF'S!!!

18. PatBeverleyFan

New way to practice pick & roll?

19. conquistador#11

fishing? that doesn't look like training to me. this isn't "a river runs through it." I question both dwight and lin's work ethic.

sticky icky sticky icky. ;)

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Why they iso Harden?!?