1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Chargers 9/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Same here. I'm use to Houston teams coughing up leads but im not really use to coming back from deficits, not since Hakeem retired anyway.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

watchin the game on fox in aus, woww

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He had a 75% completion percentage... Including the fluke pick and Foster drop. You literally are criticizing possibly 2 or 3 off passes. (Which is pretty much par for the course on the selective QB memory around here).

Schaub can be even better if he's not running for his life on a ton of the pass attempts. Worst game ever from our ALL PRO left tackle.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Get lost.

6. magman

magman Member

Great comeback. Things didn't go right in the first half, but they stayed composed.

On another note, Dwight Freeney OWNS Brown.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Seriously.

On some plays, the pass protection was reminiscent of 2002. It was the worst protection of the last 4 years... and the QB still somehow goes 34/45 for 346 and 3 TD's.

They won't get away with that against other teams... but they also know that this is probably the worst this unit can collectively play, and they still have enough talent to put up points.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Fell asleep at 28-21. Exciting to see a comeback. I have been one of Schaub's biggest critics, but he looked great. Frankly, I didn't have much confidence in his "comeback" ability, but he did it. He seemed more elusive and his passes were largely on the money. Receivers were exceptional too. The first half defensive performance was just awful, embarrassing, pathetic. In the second half, they redeemed themselves, but looks like some work to do. Very, very encouraging win.

9. ILoveWhiteGirls

Was this a double-header? A late ass game, fell asleep during the 3rd quarter cause it was already 11:30 PM!!!!

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm concerned about the extension of problems we saw down the stretch last season...particularly pass defense and run blocking. But that was a fun second half, and I'm happy/relieved they pulled it out.

11. sammy

I think this is what most teams have to deal with as far as pass protection goes. Schaub doesn't have to be mobile. He needs to have pocket presence. Move around in the pocket...shift like Manning and Brady do. Take the sack when the protection breaks down from the start like Manning and Brady do.

It's going to be hard to run on elite defenses. That's just another thing we have to deal with. It's a passing league now anyway.

This defense will get better with time. Smith and Reed will return. Watt will find some rythym after basically missing preseason and Cushing will get better week by week.

#2091 sammy, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I was ok with pass protection. Schaub did a nice job of evading pressure last night, too, when it was there.

Run blocking...with the scheme the Texans run..is vital. It's a passing league, but the Texans run a balanced scheme. Being able to run is critical to effective play action.

And the Chargers are NOT an elite defense.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Excellent game last night!!!

14. sammy

They don't have an elite defense but they will be better than most people expected.

What I meant was that we won't be able to run on San Fran, Sea, Denver like we want to. Gonna have to air it out. Pass to set up the run.

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

oh, you're still here.

1 person likes this.
  16. platypus

platypus Member

On a side note hopkins is on pace to eclipse a 1000 yards. Not bad for a rookie playing alongside andre ;)

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

been worried about arian the whole offseason. he didn't look like he has the same explosiveness. i hope it's just rust. pouting like a 5 year old isn't a good look either.

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Seriously, I missed seeing him pouting but heard about it on the radio this morning. What exactly was he melting down about?

19. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

He was shown cursing on the sidelines after he tried to get back on the field, but the next play was called for Tate.

20. Raven

Raven Member