1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After 4 years

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gatsby, Aug 20, 2013.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I think you need to throw a really big party every night in a big mansion and hope she comes to it and have her fall in love with you again.

1 person likes this.
  2. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

sorry to hear but with your name 'gatsby' its sorta comical

3. Nook

Nook Member

Listen to Decker...

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

y'know it's strange how "Harden Soul" is applicable to EVERY situation... make it you and your girls song...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lc6d1t7CeJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You already went over so she could see you (you're already ahead!)
    You know she wants you... you look the best.
    Take her out and have a shrimpfest.
    Over dinner let her know you worked too harden to be with her, bro.
    Tell her your Harden Soul is shared with only her.
    Don't forget it's all about YOU!
    Most importantly, keep your stock open so she can invest.

James Harden is a mutha*****in PROPHET!

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i would advise you to brush yourself off, nut up, and see other people. she's single, she's going out on dates, (apparently) still looking. why aren't you? women want to compete for your attention, it keeps us hooked when we get it.

it can't hurt. if it doesn't make her interested or miss you or whatever, well then that relationship probably ran its course anyways and hey, you'll have a head start in the dating game.

tl;dr don't put particular p*****s on pedestals.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[CF Relationship Thread Response Template]

She's seeing someone else. Move on.

[/CF Relationship Thread Response Template]

7. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Fixed it for you, breh.

Seriously, if a woman is talking about where roads lead and how they don't lead to you, it's time to bail.

Women are notoriously bad drivers.

1 person likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm in Austin. Its not me though.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The Godfather weighs in.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I can't believe nobody has said it yet.

Pic of girl plz so we can tell you if she's worth the headache...

12. the shark

the shark Member

Sorry you're having to go through this as it's a horrible experience.

You're in the storm now, but trust me in time the pain will go away and you'll be stronger and wiser for having gone through this and survived.

You're going to do whatever it is you feel you need to do, and thus it doesn't really matter what anybody has to say you. Before you do anything however you need to truly think this through.

How much emphasis and value do you put trust in a relationship? If it's not that big of a deal than by all means try to get back with her if that's what you want to do. If however you place a great deal of importance on trust you might want to think about cutting all ties with this girl and moving along with your life.

I would say she's not just going on a first date with this guy, and that she's been seeing him for quite awhile. Having a girl (or guy) you're dating meet your parents is a pretty big move (at least for most people it is). So she's been telling you one thing and in reality she's just lying to you. She's only thinking about herself, and trust me, people like this are NOT the kind of people you want to settle down with.

As a previous poster said thank god you're learning this now and not down the line when you could have been married to her and god forbid had children involved as well. Unless you like being a detective I would say bye bye as this girl is going to make your life hell. You'll always wonder what she's doing because she's flat out shown you that she doesn't respect you and more importantly she doesn't cherish your heart.

I know it isn't going through this but do NOT ignore these HUGE red flags. I would also tell you every time you start thinking about all the great memories you've had with this girl that you stop yourself immediately and remind yourself what she's doing to you and the lies she's telling you. That will put things into perspective real quick and help you do what it is you know deep down in your heart you need to do.

Good luck and please keep us posted on this and how you're doing.

2 people like this.
  13. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Just go a day or two without talking to her...then send her a text saying "I had a great time last night. We should do that again!".

Then, five minutes later, send her a text apologizing like crazy saying that wasn't meant for her. It was to coworker who took you out...or something like that. Be real paranoid with your responses. You'll see how serious she is after that.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

More advice, please. :)

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Nah no games. Stop calling her, hit the gym and kick ass again.

Go forth and kick ass in life. Don't look back - it's the only way.

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

99% of long distance relationships don't work. When she says, "searching for a road to lead to us," what she really means is she needs emotional support and physical contact, which you can't provide 1500 miles away. you're a victim of circumstance unfortunately. find someone else to love in NY. telling her you love her and would do anything for her will only push her away. you've only got time to relieve you of heartbreak now. :(

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

"I just need some time to sort things out"

=

"I'm want to pork someone else without a guilty conscience"

18. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

OP, I assume you're a young guy and she's a young lady? Probably 25 or something? The behavior seems classic of a young woman who hasn't figured out who she is or what she wants (and of course young men are the same way as well). She's done you a favor. Move on.

You're in NYC, right? Just step outside and you should be able to find 10 eligible women in a matter of minutes to help you heal

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Funny because it's true.

20. smr6

smr6 Member

I will leave you with this advice that my mom always gave me growing up.

Women are evil.

1 person likes this.