1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 2, 2012.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, what trait of Jane did Walt take on.
    What trait of Mike did Walt take on.
    What trait of Gale did Walt take on. (Yes, Jesse killed him, but Tio killed Gus, too. It was all Walt, no?)

Actually, what trait of anyone did Walt take on, aside from Gus, I suppose. Even then, I honestly don't think the are anywhere close to being similar drug lords...and Mike certainly agrees with me.

I tend to just watch shows vs theorize about them. But, must admit, I'm having fun watching these theories told in this thread, much like Soap Opera theories. There are so many layers to Soap Opera's, too. :p

#1481 heypartner, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

He copied Jane When he said, "Do right by me, Gus...

Or I will burn you to the ground."

:grin:

Walt started taking his drinks like Mike- either neat or on the rocks, I forget which.

(that's actually true)

And Gale? Reading Leaves of Grass, DUH!!!!

:) :)

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Im pretty sure walt is smart enough to know not to put the bomb there had he felt any hesitation from tio.

4. heypartner

wasn't that well before killing Mike? Has he even had a drink other than beer since killing Mike?

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

he had a drink on the rocks at hanks house after killing the 9 guys in prison

6. dandorotik

7. dandorotik

The legal question is, if you plant a bomb that must be detonated manually, and you are not the one that actually detonates it, and someone is killed, what is your liability?

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Accessory to a crime?

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

also conspiracy to murder

10. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Creating a WMD?

11. heypartner

Oh, right. And Hank even made a point of trying to remember which way when he served him.

Now, you're going to make me rewatch the episode when he gets drunk with Jane's dad prior to the plane crash.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So supposedly biggy killed pac but he wasn't the one who fired right? Its the order.

13. dandorotik

Actually asking a regular question, not a rhetorical one. No idea what the liability is.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Crazy Eight didn't eat the crust on his sandwiches. Walt started doing that. Examples are in season three, when Walt owns his condo and packs his lunch before heading to the laundry facility.

15. mario_v

mario_v Member

Also, Walt kept that pink teddybears eyeball. Kept it in his drawer. We all know he was indirectly involved in that plane crash that was caused by Jane's father.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

could Lydia have planted the GPS tracker on Walt's car?

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Why would she? Even if she had reason they add it pretty clear it was Hank.

18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt it - Lydia wouldn't really cares where he goes because she knows it's not to cook. The look in Hank's eyes was also telling. This show isn't about coincidences and Lydia planting the same model of tracker that Hank and Walt used on Gus would be a stretch.

19. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I was out in the mountains for a few days with no internet or cable connection, and I found myself thinking about the excellent return of Breaking Bad. There were so many riveting scenes, but the one that kept sticking in my head was the Star Trek conversation with Skinny Pete and Badger. That was such an odd extended scene in an eight episode sprint, but I've learned that nothing is every truly a throw away moment with Vince Gilligan and the writers of this show.

Don't know if it's been discussed previously in this thread, and might be a spoiler (since I think Gilligan was tipping his hat in this scene).

Everyone has been wondering how the hell the Ricin capsule will come into play, and they opened with it in this very episode. We've all been referring to it as Chekhov's Gun for several seasons now. Any coincidence that Badger discusses a pie eating contest between Spock and Chekhov? I don't think so.

So Chekhov thinks he's outsmarted Spock but winds up with his guts ripped out in Badger's story. I could definitely see Walt thinking he's fooled someone (Jess, Hank, or someone else), and he winds up getting his guts ripped out instead. Not sure exactly how that would play out, but I think Gilligan was giving us a sly hint of the future.

It's the sort of thing the writers of this show do. You see hints of what's to come, and it's a lot clearer when you rewatch episodes. I could see him setting this up where rewatching this episode would elicit "HOLY ****" moments once you know how it all winds up.

1 person likes this.
  20. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I agree that that scene was probably deeper than we think and love that we just have to ride the Breaking Bad wave to find out how it correlates to the story.