1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe says T-Mac is the toughest guy he has ever played against

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Aug 16, 2013.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Kobe paying his respects.

RT @mcten: Kobe on the toughest guys he ever played against - Iverson, Marbury, Arenas, Melo, Durant - but put Tracy McGrady as the toughest

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/368221341972836352

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//http://www.youtube.com/embed/GD9CntY6PoE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers to one of the greatest Rockets ever. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Another reason nobody can claim Kobe is better than Jordan. McGrady was your toughest competitor? Geez, I don't want to know what Mad Max would do to the guy.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Mcgrady was a beast. Point blank. He was a bonafide hall of famer in the making.

09 would have been the year that we would have won it all if health was on our side.

LOL at tinman.

1 person likes this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Come on objectively tmac in 2003-2004 was very hard to defend.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hmm this is coming from the top guard of this era. People who dog tmac always bring up Kobe. So it's going to be interesting to see how those guys spin this one.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

03 T Mac = Top 10 SG of all time. This isn't a stretch for Kobe to be saying that.

8. Nook

Nook Member

TMac was one of the most gifted players to ever play in the NBA. Great size, quickness, length, supurb athleticism and court vision. Not surprised he was that tough for Kobe, he was more physically gifted than Kobe.

9. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

They always did have some good games going at each other

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tinman will find arguments against it but I think Kobe is someone he respects lol
    Gotta respect his opinions...

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Orlando tmac single handedly put a great fight against shaq and Kobe.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I saw the interview last night on TV - was surprised that not much about Dwight was brought up.

They had questions from the audience being asked - one guy was wearing a Dwight jersey and was boo'ed relentlessly even though he had a huge X on the back.

Then stupid Terrell Owens talked for about 5 minutes straights on how the procedures Kobe was getting was not PEDs. Even Kimmell made fun of him saying ' save it for the Grand Jury'

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That is something of a contrast to his previous stance of

"I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasn’t even close. Ask him, he’ll tell you. When I was about 20, we were in Germany doing some promotional stuff for that other sneaker company and we played basketball every day. We were in the gym all the time. We played three games of one-on-one to 11. I won all three games. One game I won 11-2. After the third game he said he had back spasms and couldn’t play anymore. "

(Which McGrady says never happened. The part I don't believe is McGrady being "in the gym ALL the time"..... Though I'm inclined to believe Kobe more than McGrady.)

Most telling is he didnt put Lebron or D-Wade in there. I just don't see Arenas being more problem than those guys.

14. Christopher

Christopher Member

I think it sums up T Mac really well. Very good athlete, tough to play against, but Kobe never had to worry about him come playoff time did he?

No one did.....

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Kobe is mirin' T-Mac

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

Yeah, he's like Shaq...his envy and jealousy seeps through his pores. Very transparent. Intentionally not giving them credit because he knows they are going to end up with more rings than him.

17. freeze00up

freeze00up Member

That is most likely bs. tmac was not getting back spasms at 19-20.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

No one said he actually had back spasms, only that he claimed he did after losing 3 games in a row.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Plus if he wants to believe Kobe then, he must believe Kobe now and respect T-Mac.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well we know Kobe wasn't talking about the playoffs