1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hugh Jackman Reportedly Offered $100 Million To Return As Wolverine But Might Turn It Down

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Aug 12, 2013.

?

If I were him

1. I'd take the $100 million bub

61 vote(s)
    88.4%
  2. Refuse $100 million cause my wife doesn't want more Wolverine movies

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. VanityHalfBlack

U serious??? All he does is act?? I can understand if you worked on the film technically and commercially but to just act/ please someone help me understand this?

2. VanityHalfBlack

Who's the dude who was in Sean Penn's movie about living in the wilderness or something?? Dammit I forgot his name but the dude is like 5'7 perfect size for Wolverine and if Jackman decides to step out, someone get that guy to do it.

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Don't hate. Just now learning photoshop.

[​IMG]

4. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

please don't tell me you're talking about speed racer. Emilie Hirsche or something like that?

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's smart

http://screenrant.com/robert-downey-jr-avengers-salary-50-million-niall-172173/
    The Iron Man star is set to score a proverbial king’s ransom for the movie, much more than his co-stars, who will be getting significantly less. Marvel is famously known for “low balling “ talent when they’re negotiating deals for their superhero films – Mickey Rourke was offered just $250,000 for his role in Iron Man 2 - however, the studio does seem to be lavishing cash on Downey Jr. Following the success of Iron Man in 2008 (it banked $585 million worldwide); the actor’s agents renegotiated his deal so that he would receive profit participation in any future movies where he played Iron Man - allegedly 5 to 7 percent of the box office gross. It must have seemed like a sweet deal then but even sweeter now when the grosses are doubled.

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Tom Hardy isn't tall. 5'9

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

A young Clint Eastwood would be near perfect in my mind...

He might turn $100 million down because it's not enough money if all 4 movies do well. X-Force could flop, it could be huge... a lot of uncertainty. Seems like he just wants to take it 1 contract a time, he should go ahead and do that.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Yep,

[​IMG]

10. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Well, he'd be perfect for any bad ass role. Boba Fett was influenced by his characters. Perfect for Solid Snake. Perfect for Batman. Perfect for any bad ass.

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Just bc he's short and can grow a beard doesn't mean he can play Wolverine. He looks like a 16 year old boy. Has the voice of one too.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Tom Hardy definitively has that rage emotion that this wolverine lacks. And he's a pretty damn good actor too.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm short and can grow my beard like Wolverine.

It actually naturally grows in "all white trashy" like this even though I'm not white.

But with some acting classes I'd probably make a perfect Wolverine, just need to bulk up a bit. Roids should do the trick! :grin:

14. VanityHalfBlack

That's why it's called acting? Charlize Theron doesn't look like a serial Killer but she could play and act like one because it's called acting. Emile Hirsch as acting chops/ quite a bit of range if you ask me.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In X2 Wolverine loses it, starts killing people as they enter the mansion. It's not quite what you see in the comics but it was a good enough performance by Jackman. Any actor can do it, blame the directors.

16. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

He can't act to make himself look 30 years older. He can pack 20lbs of muscle. But, that doesn't make his soft baby face and teenage voice go away.

Daniel Day Lewis is the GOAT and i wouldn't want him trying to do many roles he just doesn't fit in.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

DDL as Wolverine would be like Lebron playing middle school basketball. And football.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

EXACTLY. Anyone that hasn't seen Tom Hardy's work in the movie Warrior firstly needs to go rent that movie (it is fantastic) but pay special attention to the caged animal/pent-up rage that Hardy pulls off in that film. It is remarkable. I watch it and I feel like the guy is going to leap through the screen and beat MY face in. I think those chops would be perfect for Wolverine (assuming Jackman calls it quits...he is still the best, I feel).

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We can argue the height, looks, whatever.

But there are basically two actors in the Marvel sphere to whom they are willing to spend a f***load of money: Hugh Jackman and Robert Downey Jr. (Then they go cheap on the rest; still would have preferred Edward Norton in the Avengers.) And with good reason. They've made each role their own.

Don't know why Marvel wants Hugh back for four more movies. By the time he'd be done, he'd be a little long in the tooth for the part.

20. smr6

smr6 Member

Hell, pay me $100 million and I would play as Queen Elizabeth. No questions asked.