1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hugh Jackman Reportedly Offered $100 Million To Return As Wolverine But Might Turn It Down

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Aug 12, 2013.

?

If I were him

1. I'd take the $100 million bub

61 vote(s)
    88.4%
  2. Refuse $100 million cause my wife doesn't want more Wolverine movies

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/08/1...o-return-as-wolverine-but-might-turn-it-down/
    Hugh Jackman Reportedly Offered $100 Million To Return As Wolverine But Might Turn It Down

By: Scott Johnson on August 12, 2013

Hugh Jackman as The WolverineAfter X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Hugh Jackman’s contract with FOX to play Wolverine is up. When making the promotional rounds for The Wolverine, Hugh Jackman seemed to be giving mixed messages as to whether he would continue with the role. In some interviews, Jackman said there would have to be a compelling reason for him to return to the role. But in other interviews, Jackman said the Wolverine role would have to be pried out of his claws.

Now, the National Enquirer is reporting that FOX has offered Hugh Jackman what most would probably consider a pretty compelling reason to return as Wolverine. According to their report, insiders have indicated that Hugh Jackman has been offered $100 million to sign on for four more Wolverine movies.

However, the National Enquirer is also reporting that Hugh Jackman might turn the offer down. According to the report, the reason that Hugh Jackman might pass on the $100 million is that Jackman had vowed not to lock himself into any more multipicture deals after his original X-Men contract and his wife wants him to concentrate on more serious roles.

The Wolverine has earned over $111 million at the domestic box office and over $306 million at the worldwide box office.

2. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I'm afraid if someone else gets it. He'll be worse than Jackman. He isn't Wolverine to me. He's a tall, pretty version of him. I want a real short, rude and bad ass animal looking man to play Wolverine. But, this is Hollywood and it must be a tall model looking dude. If it has to be that, i'd prefer Hugh to stick around.

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Question. Why is it so hard to shrink someone and make him stockier through movie magic like LOTR and the hobbit? This needs to be done with Wolverine.

Or have i already answered my own question? Hollywood is obsessed with height.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are a lot of Hollywood actors who are short, Tom Cruise comes to mind. That said tall people are more attractive and Hollywood plays on attraction, especially in action movies. So even though Tom Cruise is short what matters is he doesn't look short on screen. The exception is in LOTR where the Hobbits and dwarves size are integral to the story.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

$100 mill is a $100 mill. Wife needs to STFU and let that money flow.

Jonah Hill as beast would be....beast

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure what matters about Tom Cruise not playing wolverine isn't because he looks tall on screen.

Yeah Jackman's a bit tall and maybe not quite animal enough, but he's pretty close visually, and it's a comic movie... how "great" does it need to be?

Jackman isn't the problem with Wolverine in these movies... though admittedly I haven't seen the latest.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I enjoyed it. it was 10x better than the other wolverine movie.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

you keep forgetting if you get some no name short ugly person, nobody except a few fan boys will watch the movie.

The latest movie is making $300 mill, it's because of Jackman.

besides, that's not what I found interesting in this article. It's that hugh jackman's wife might not want $100 million.

9. VanityHalfBlack

$100 million, the ***??? All that money should go to production, not just one freaking actor, lol...

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't suggesting that Tom Cruise should play Wolverine but saying that Hollywood isn't really height obsessed.

I agree Jackman isn't the problem with Wolverine, crappy scripts like X-Men Origins Wolverine, is the problem.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He's already wealthy and successful; and the studio might not increase their box office enough to make up the corresponding extra salary. However, if the studio does make the money back, he's got that much more leverage to star, or even direct and produce, more meaningful projects. I don't understand why all these movies exist.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

After reading about his workout regimen in Men's Health to get in shape for the role, I would turn it down, too. ;) Actually, it didn't seem that bad I guess if you consider 5 sets of 10 reps per exercise to be not that bad. I think he would do that for a month, up the weight, do it again, etc. . He says he hates working out. I guess I can see why.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

for 4 movies, $25 mill each movie

considering the current Wolverine movie is making $300 mill, plus the x-men franchise made a ton of money, it's reasonable.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The goal of a hedge is not to make the outcome more profitable, but simply more certain.

15. VanityHalfBlack

I hate working out, Working out sucks.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

it's for four movies.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

RDJ got 70-80 mil for the avengers movie.

18. SunsRocketsfan

Keep in mind tt's 100 million spread through several films. Wonder what the contract details are and how many films he would be committed too.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think Paul Hogan, or that guy who was in F/X and Cocktail, wish they were thirty years younger.

20. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

It doesn't have to be just an ugly, no name. If Robert Deniro was young, he would be perfect and everyone would see it bc he was an amazing actor in his 30's and not a model with a hawt body.
    His name is probably thrown around everywhere. But, someone like Tom Hardy(i know hes good looking, just throwing an example) and his 'Warrior' build would pull in the money and the honeys(and gay bois).

If it is a no name. Hugh Jackman was a no name. He has to be introduced in another X-Men movie where he can get popular enough for his own movies again.