1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden not so cool with the Howard signing (Laker Fan in Bleacher says)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tstrike, Aug 4, 2013.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Someone repped me and stated above ^^^

Sure, he was traded. He rejected the deal the Thunder gave him though, he practically did leave on his own.

2. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I thought we could not post Bleacher Report on Clutchfans....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess only certain ppl can :grin:

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He's also a professional writer so I guess the guy gets a pass...

The article does bring up good points, but it's all pure speculation. This is one of those articles that is safe to write. If the author is beyond wrong it will take years to materialize, and he can claim that winning was the cure all. If the author is right in his wild ass speculation he can point out he wrote this some time ago. It's a no lose situation for him.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Did you read the article? He's not claiming any exclusive sources. He's wildly speculating on why Harden wouldn't talk to he and his media buddies.

Beyond that, he's outright lying.

Westbrook signed for the absolute max! He's the one five-year contract allotted to OKC under the new collective bargaining deal. How can you get more than the max? And as far as "holding out for every dollar", why is it a crime for Harden to demand the max and not for Durant and Westbrook?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7479799/oklahoma-city-thunder-russell-westbrook-signs-extension

This isn't an article based on sources. This is a childish, sophomoric hit piece from a terrible journalist who knew it wasn't even legitimate enough to put in a real publication.

5. The Cat

What is the good point, exactly? Can you please tell me? How is fair to single out Harden for demanding the max, when any other star in his situation (including Durant and Westbrook) would and did? Why outright lie about the terms of Westbrook's contract?

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Utterly moronic

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The good point I saw was the potential problem of two alpha personalities in place. The majority of the article is wild ass speculation I will give you that. I think he also missed the boat on Harden dramatically. Harden wanted to win, but what OKC was offering him in terms of a contract was a joke. Harden is definitely a super star, and deserves every penny he has on his contract.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

fixed

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Isn't Chris Palmer theoretically a professional?

Professionalism has lost it's meaning as it pertains to sports journalism thanks to guys like Chris Palmer, Chris Brussard and Skip Bayless.

1 person likes this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Four-year deal worth between $53-54 million was offered to Harden.

That's an average of 13.25-13.5 million per season.

Five-year, $80 million deal is what Harden has right now.

That's an average of 16 million per season.

Massively low-balled is an understatement.
    With the numbers being that close the Thunder look even more stupid not upping that offer to max. Oh well, our gain.

1 person likes this.
  11. The Cat

It's also what Westbrook has for OKC -- the absolute max -- yet the author praises Westbrook's "communal spirit" and says he "could’ve sought an extension that paid him more". I mean, if the Orange County Register has integrity, that should be a fire-worthy offense for a professional journalist. You can't tell me for one second that Ding didn't know Westbrook's contract. That's just a blatant lie to try and prove his bizarre point. Sickening.

12. arjun

arjun Member

LOL...if im not mistaken, harden went to LA to recruit howard.

if harden didnt want him..im sure howard would get the vibes.

complete and utter BS.

13. arjun

arjun Member

and rem the instragram pic of them together RIGHT after dwight signed?

[​IMG]

14. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Harden and Parsons both said when the season was over that they were going to go recruit Howard. There was a lot of discussion about them being to do that and even Stern commented on it. Even before that pic above was posted Harden had said that he was at Howards and they were discussing the team. Why would Harden do all that if he didn't want Howard? He knows that the team needs more stars and he knew that Howard was the best piece that we could get to take the next step.

Regardless Harden is also the starter and will play as needed. He will make sure Howard gets his looks needed and take the defensive pressure off of him. The only problem I see with the big egos is the coaching not making the right offensive schemes to play to the strengths. If there is beotching from the stars it will be at them. I do believe Mchale will try to make them all happy. Everyone wants a title.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

1. Harden has a relationship with Howard from the Olympics.
    2. Harden willingly volunteered the fact that he planned on recruiting Howard and he obviously had an active part in getting him here.
    3. Harden seemed frustrated with Asik last year at times (IMO). I think the upgrade on the offensive end is going to be BIG. Like record-breaking offense big. Again just opinion.

Kevin Ding seems like a tool to me.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. tstrike

tstrike Member

Sorry guys didnt know you were not supposed to post a link from BR's utterly idiot column... Sheesh yall are brutal around here...

But I like it!! :D

18. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

This feels like the machado article after Lin signed with us. They want to feel better about themselves so they find angles to prop up their justified butthurtness.

19. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

20. The Cat

Stamp.

And before anyone says "but he's a real journalist!", that's exactly the point. If it were credible, Ding would publish it in his own publication. But he knows it's complete jealous fanboy nonsense, so he sent it to BR, instead. That's the one thing he got right in all of this.