1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden/Dragic...would it have worked?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Jul 21, 2013.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

Let me preface this by saying that I loved having Goran. He was my favorite player on the team, and, from a pure basketball standpoint--thought he had way more to offer than Lin, Lowry, and any guard on our team.

He demanded a player option on his fourth year, and the rest is history.

My question is this: could a backcourt with two left handed players (Dragic/Harden) succeed? Does anyone know of a historically dominant (or successful) backcourt where both players were left handed? Does it even matter if both starters in a backcourt are lefty?

Sorry if some deem this as offseason nonsense...I'm bored and curious what others think.

Ps Goran in the truth

2. Gil

Gil Member

How many times will the cringe inducing acronyms LOF, LOH, ABJ, HOF, etc be used in this thread?

3. joesr

joesr Member

Nope. Thread close.

4. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

YOU LOH! YOU'RE NOT A LOF! YOU'RE AN ABJ!

HOF MOTHER****ER!!!

5. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

GARM is such a cesspool now.

6. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

why don't go be a fan on his team if u love him so much. He's the man there.

7. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Dragic was a fun player to watch and I still root for him.

8. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

9. Just Ballin

Just Ballin Member

Pretty sure two lefties cannot exist in one team and would cause the whole team to go off balance where everyone gets confused as they don't know what's happening. Two righties however, would be ok.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Goran and Harden wouldn't have been significantly different than Lin and Harden for better or for worse.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

almost everybody on Clutch Fans was a fan of Gogi

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Not everyone jumps from team to team whenever they please.

2 people like this.
  13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Harden/Westbrooks...would it have worked?
    I'm tired of so that thinking logic.
    Why do u guys discuss the same question?
    Why not open mind to look forward?

14. RockSC

RockSC Member

Not to take anything away from Dragic, the 2011 Rockets had no go-to guy on that roster so he had the green light to run the show like Lin did in NY for a short period of time. I think Dragic is a fantastic player even back in the Pheonix. Player option was a choice, he choose not to compromise.
    On the side note, i am more a fan of Lowry than Dragic, I think Lowry will fit better with this current roster with up tempo style. And Lowry defends better too.

15. awc713

awc713 Member

Uhhh because I'm a diehard rockets fan and not a suns fan? That's probably a sufficient reason.

Is it okay with you if I want certain players to do well, in addition to rockets players, so long as their success doesn't coincide?

16. dragician

dragician Member

no doubt it will work.

17. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Wish we had Dragic, i wonder how differently last season would have panned out. He was just an all around fun player to watch play.

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Don't listen to him. He's from Singapore, if I'm being stereotypical, it qualifies him to be a certain acronym.

19. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Like Lin, he loves to run. He is very aggressive in the open floor. Also, like Lin, he's not the surest of ball handlers. But, he is much more assertive, and has a more reliable stroke from deep. That being said, I think he would have been a better fit alongside a ball-dominant 2 like Harden and a premier big of Dwight's caliber. McHale's offense asks 1-4 to hit the trey (though Camby may disagree... flashback, anyone?), and Dragic is a better shooter. Point blank.

Lin's resurgence begins with his shot. He has to develop confidence in catch-and-shoot situations. If not, we may see Brooks or Canaan shoot themselves into the rotation.

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Impossible!!!...:eek:
    They never played on the same team so how could this of worked?