1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Several Rockets will work out in LA with Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 11, 2013.

1. dream1222

dream1222 Member

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

That is McHale telling his stories. Everybody knows McHale doesn't coach the X's and O's.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Very excited about Lin's comments on T Jones and even Cassipi.

A win-win for the Rockets if Jones proves to be a starter. We can keep him on the cheap or possibly get LMA involving him and Asik.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Terrance Jones will be great shot blocker at least on the level of Josh Smith. I see Terrance Jones starting at the four. Only reason Greg Smith starts is because Mchale would want Jones coming off the bench for scoring.

5. 28sinan

28sinan Member

Bad news guys....Omer is in the US and not at the national team traing camp!!! He wil not be there before August 1st....really disappointed by Omer :(

6. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

What did he say?

7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

nvm, I see it. Thanks.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Good news could be that we could be trading him for Lamarcus Aldridge...

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Funny that Omer is being the selfish drama queen while Dwight is with the team building chemistry

10. newAge_Rockets

I wish I lived in LA right now instead of houston...I could scope out the Rockets at UCLA and watch the games on tv through league pass :(

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

how do you know he won't be there aug 1st? friedman is reporting that he'll be playing backup.

also, we knew he was in chicago training right?

that dude needs to get it together and understand that we provide the best chance of winning..otherwise he'll get traded to some sorry ass team

why doesn't he wait to make more money elsewhere. win now. get money later.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Morey had faith in Omer and paid him more than anyone else was willing to. He could be getting too big for his britches.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I hope they trade him for Aldridge or another all star type if not tell him to suck it up.

14. 28sinan

28sinan Member

I think u didn't understand me. He will no be with the national team before aug 1st. So he is in the States and could be out there with the other guys....

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Glad to hear Lin's thoughts on T. Jones. Hope he can shake the "summer league fluke" designation he seems to have earned from some on this board. Blah @ Omer. Where is Francisco? He deleted his twitter too.

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Damn, that's wierd about Garcia. Deleting his twitter and no where to be found. Hopefully he doesn't wake up in a pool of ice with no kidneys.

17. conquistador#11

asik seems like loner that marches to the beat of his own doumbek, doesn't do interviews and doesn't join in on pre game rituals . none of that.

Even if howard wasn't here, asik would still by pass a trip to la and just work out by himself. Not surprised.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan

19. GIGO

GIGO Member

Google-translation

20. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Omer Asik isn't attending the voluntary, completely unofficial training camp during the offseason. The only logical conclusion? That he is a selfish prima donna who is refusing to go because he's upset that Dwight Howard was signed.

It couldn't possibly be for a million other reasons, such as a family obligation, religious observance, a strict health/workout regimen, a medical condition, or maybe just plain needing to recharge and wanting to enjoy his offseason. All of which are perfectly valid reasons not to participate.

BTW, this kind of stuff is exactly why the NBAPA and other sports unions take such a hardline stance on offseason team workouts. These things start taking a life of their own, even with the best of intentions.