1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll save you the trouble regarding Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I agree about Lowry. He pulled the same act in Memphis as well. He thinks he is better then what really is. Lin is the type of guy you can rely on to have a nice chemistry with.

2. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Posted by a completely delusional dedicated Lin hater. Do you not see the irony in your hypocrisy? Or maybe you're just a troll because no one can be this blind.

Some people claim that anyone criticising Lin gets labelled a hater. Others claim that anyone saying anything positive about Lin gets labelled an LOF.

Haters don't see themselves as that, they see their criticism as objective.

Fans don't see themselves as blind either, and often react to what they consider unfair, over the top or irrational criticism.

And the world goes round and round.

3. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~lol~ nice one.

4. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Lin is a winner at every level, Gogi not quite. Restricted free agency, that's what it is. No need to hate.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Let's see. So if we have some obsessive fans of Dream, there'll be a legion of obsessive haters spending hours a day hating on Dream? I doubt it.

6. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~lol~ cool. It's a dangerous thing, really.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Dreams accomplished everything there is.He has given us everything there is.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Since I've been wasting time battling trolls in other threads ill post my view here.

Morley's resume should speak for itself. If he sees it fit to move a player to improve the Rockets, I have full faith in him.

If we had Presti I wouldn't feel the same way :p.

If Lin stays I have faith, if he's moved I believe there's a reason for it.

I might make comments that I think player X would improve our team, but wtf do I know.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

This shows me you dont REALLY understand why people criticize Jeremy Lin.

He is being criticized because he has UNDER performed what was expected of him.

Hakeem Olajuwon is a Top 50 NBA, two time champion and the best player the Houston Rockets have ever had....and he MORE than earned every cent he got.

That is a majorly insulting comparison.

btw...to the guy(raskol?) claiming there arent any Lin fans like the ones folks are complaining about? THIS guy right here...the one I am responding to blows your claim sky-high. Check every response he makes....no matter what the subject of the thread...THIS GUY posts about Lin....and he isnt the worst of them....I see it day after day. every damn time I open a thread around here....its being turned into a Lin thread by guys like this. Its so bad the Crew has actually had to discuss how to deal with it...and that SUCKS.

SO dont come on here tryin to blow smoke up our collective asses that the kind of person we see posting on here EVERY DAY does not really exist except in our minds. Get on out of here with that lame crap.:rolleyes:

10. Razsan

Razsan Member

Under performed...sure...but why? Could it be the reason Lin fans get pissed at the haters is because the truth is that Lin has not been allowed to play his position? If you bring in a speed back and ask him to pass block and only get 5-6 carries a game, will you label him as an under performer?
    FYI - Did you know that it took Steve Nash until his 8th season before he averaged more than 7 assists a game?

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

TJ vs. TR just got destroyed. He should have to pass a concussion test before being allowed to post again

12. seahawk

seahawk Member

King1, come here to eat your breakfast?
    Finish?

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Lin has not been asked to play his position because we do not require that of him usually. When Harden is on the court, he is our ball handler. Lin either needs to learn how to play off the ball better or ask for a trade.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It was the player option, Morey doesn't like giving player options unless you're worth more than your contract, since it adds tangible value to the contract for the player. e.g. Garcia on minimum, Dwight on whatever the hell he wants are both worth way more than their contract terms and hence get to pad the contract with the extra value of a player option.

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for a logical reasonable response to delusional LOF. even though he will come back with something that makes an excuse, like how he scored a lot against the spurs or he was coming off an injury.

This is exactly right, people are complaining saying "If lin got to play a true pg" and blah blah, well with harden on the court he's not. Thats why i dont understand why LOFs are so against having him traded.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Hasn't Jeremy been working on his skill set to play along side Harden (spot up, defense) rather than complaining like many of his fans?

17. kcd

kcd Member

That's what he's saying Lin had to adjust his game, so it took him a while to do so. Lin played better the second half of the season.

18. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

Also everyone complains that Lin is underperforming his 8mil hit to our cap. But the fact remains that he was offered big money not because he was worth the big money but because Morey had to offer something that NY couldn't match. That's how restricted free agents work. That Asik did match the 8 mil value speaks to how much he absolutely overachieved but for fans to b**** and moan about Lin's production vis a vis his contract... it's plain ridiculous.

That being said. Given how PGs are overpaid in this league... He didn't under perform on the 8mil by much at all! And if you look at the face value of the contract and see that he's paid 5mil for his first 2 years then he's certainly lived up to that value by NBA standards. You can't go by Parsons- contract value levels.

19. kcd

kcd Member

Well, you made the LOH happy and there two examples right after your post.

20. youngduck

youngduck Member

what are you doing dragic?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uRAp00SxP30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.