1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin fans: Why the opposition to 6th man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LelWestbrick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

I think going forward we need to be open minded about the shape of this team, and the roles of the players therein. Jeremy is best when he's penetrating and scoring. Right now, we need someone at the point who will play good D, minimize turnovers, and knock down open 3s. That is not Jeremy. If he can give us 15 points on 25 minutes a night, that would be just dandy.

1 person likes this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

With Howard in the starting line-up, Lin will sink farther and farther into obscurity. He didn't fit well with Harden so how do you expect him to do so with another star in the starting line-up. Just because he was forced to play with Harden doesn't mean he fits.

3. Caris

Caris Member

We appreciate your input, Phi, A LOT.
    It makes me sad to see how some people react to Lin, too. I wonder if they are as hard on their own selves in real life...

1 person likes this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

LOL, this is the way of thinking that kills teams chemistry.

Not that Lin would ever say this but I'd take best fit and best chances of winning over playing the "best PG or any other position" as our starter.

All in all minutes are what matter not who's starting the game over who's not.

1 person likes this.
  5. gene18

gene18 Rookie

The backup for which starting PG. Beverly's history is poor. Even in the playoff's his FG% was very low and his three point shoot ing percenage was.33. He only averaged 2.8 assists. These states are comparable to his Euroleague stats. His Monday summer league states were equally as poor and he fouled at the highest rate of any player on both Houston and 76ers. The 6ers rookie point guard went past beverly like he was standing still for the 15 mnutes that I watched the game.He might do better today, but he will most likely regressto the mean.
    Isn't Lin a bit too short to be a sixth man as a sixth man should be a swingman. Ginobli is 6-6, Harden is 6-5, Delfino is 6-6, JR Smith is 6-5 with a great vertical.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

All this because he is suggested for 6th man?? It literally sounds like your going to cry for heavens sake.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

After reading this I realized that people on here have no idea what a 6th man is, yet are totally horrified that we suggest Lin be one, lol. go figure...

1 person likes this.
  8. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Lin is great at feeding bigs, EG,TChandler,Smith, Asik.

9. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Why has he reached his ceiling at the age of 24 and 170 NBA games.What are the empirical evidence that LIn or any other player has reacher their ceiling at this point in their career.

10. gene18

gene18 Rookie

After watching all 82 games last year. I saw Harden struggle to put up the points he did. That's why his FG% was .44. Not good for a superstar. I feel we have more to worry about Harden replicating last years performance than Lin's role during during next year.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

44-45 % is good for a SG especially for one that gets to the line like Harden does.

It will only go up with a guy like Dwight on board. Easier baskets.

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

.600 TS%
    .504 eFG%

For comparisons sake, both numbers would represent career highs for Kobe Bryant.

Try harder.

13. gene18

gene18 Rookie

It remains to be seen if Harden can play constructively with any other rocket player. His play was great last year, but it was only him. He didn't help his other team mates all that much.

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Not true. Any FG% near 40% for a superstar is poor. Lin is just medicore and his FG% was the same as Hardens. Lin's eFG% was very close to Harden's. Harden's TS% was very high because of his going to the line so much. I personally do not consider hitting free throws as one of the most important skills a superstar should posses.

15. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

You are the type of poster that makes people start Lin-bashing threads. 90% of the "Lin hate" you see on this forum is because of his fans who try to irrationally bring others on the team or the coach down to make Lin look better.

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You are completely out of your mind.

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

100% accurate. I'll wait to seen if any of the LOFs pounce on his absurd post.

18. dream1222

dream1222 Member

in general I think TS% is more accurate measure of efficiency
    but referees usually swallow their whistles late in games and "easy" shots are hard to come by

19. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

You're doing a pretty good job pouncing on him. Too bad you can't do it without making ridiculous generalizations and trying to pretend anyone who has any sort of positive opinion about Lin agrees with that guy.

20. kcd

kcd Member

That's just dumb. Why can't he have his own opinion about Harden. Everyone has one for Lin.