1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What Will Comcast Do Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htownballer38, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Last season was a nightmare for fans that didnt have Comcast. We wasnt able to watch our new and improved Rockets team because Comcast wouldnt allow other Cable Company's to air the Rockets game. Now after a very successful year and the addition of Howard. Will Comcast allow these other Cable company's in Houston to air the Rocket games? Will a deal be finally made since we have two Superstars?

I work out of town a lot, and on location dish network is provided. I will be highly pissed again if I cant watch the Rockets.

2. sfayner

sfayner Member

They do know that they've got us by the short hairs.

3. BeardlyBeardman

Streams. /thread

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

this deserved its own thread?

Remember, both the Rockets (Le$) and the Astros own more % of the channel than Comcast does.

5. bballjunkie281

Wait, you actually expect Comcast to do something for the benefit of the public without profiting from it? Sorry, but I think having a soul disqualifies you from working for Comcast...

1 person likes this.
  6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

With the way things have gone so far, my guess is that the CSN side feels like they now have more leverage and will continue to hold firm with ther demands now that there is excitement about the team.

P

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I cant do that out here in the field. It is illegal and uses up to much bandwidth. Conoco said if we stream anything, or download music and etc, using up their bandwidth, we will be fined heavily or imprisonment. No sir I am not F***ing wwith that...bwhahhahahaha.

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Comcast isn't going to do anything. In fact now they have much more leverage to stick to their current demands. They aren't preventing other providers from showing games, if the other providers agree to pay to have the channel.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think it's pretty clear that no one has any idea as to what is going to happen, least of all those involved in the negotiations.

10. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I'm guessing Comcast now raises there demands to providers.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Is this the BIG TIME MORPH that owes me a 6 pack of beer?

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

There is no way you'll convince me that a MLB franchise or an NBA franchise has the lead in negotiating the exact same kind of deal that Comcast is negotiating in multiple different markets around the county. How they've agreed to distribute profit/ownership doesn't necessarily imply that level of decision-making authority in every decisision.

After Crane came out and said publicly that they were in trouble..running out of cash..needed a deal soon...it made it pretty clear who is running these negotiations. People leading a negotiation and holding out, don't come out publicly with information hurting their own negotiating power. Houston is one battle in a larger war for Comcast.

I think Dwight's presence and the excitement surrounding the Rockets going in to next season will put enough pressure on providers to pick up the channel. I was in no way interested in giving up Uverse, and I still don't want to have to do it...but I will seriously look at giving it up and switching to Comcast if they dont' get this figured out before the season starts.

13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Whaaaaaaat?? Imprisonment? That sounds a little extreme and ridiculous.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yes it does but we are 3rd party guys out here. And they only get a certain amount of bandwidth a month. If they dont have bandwidth they are not able to send off their reports and things because the internet will be down. So I understand why they dont want us to download movies, stream games and etc.

15. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Don't know what you are talking about so I guess not.

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

League pass...

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

And if you're in Houston area you still get blacked out.

18. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

It's not what will Comcast do, it's what will the other providers do now that demand will go up.

19. newAge_Rockets

Didn't the Astros and CRANE shut down the deal? I honestly hate Jim "it's only about profits" crane

20. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Unless you use a VPN. Worked for me all season long. Only thing that sucked was sometimes having the other teams announcers