1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Point guard alternatives

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zaam, Jul 1, 2013.

1. kcd

kcd Member

I don't understand why you're so mad at fans who think more of Lin than you. They have their opinion just as you do, but you put them down for their opinion just because you think differently. It's all opinion and people can use facts in different ways to show if Lin is better or worse than other players, plus the eye test. There are also plenty here that are not invested in Lin at all, everyday there are trade scenario to trade Lin (even getting worse players so Lin will no longer be on the team). Are they really looking out for the overall good of the team or do they just want to get rid of him? Why don't you complain about those people they are also part of the problem. Anyways it's like going around in circles, so I'll leave it at that.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is the last time I am going to answer you about Lin. I don't get mad at people who think Lin is better than I think he is. The people I get mad at are the people who only like Lin and insult everyone on the team whom they feel slighted Lin in some delusional way. There is a huge difference between being a fan of Lin and being a Lin Only Fan. Most people looking at overall trade scenarios are looking and thinking of ways that the Rockets can improve. If that involves Lin, so be it. The problem is simple, people who do are unable to respect that this is a forum for ROCKETS and are only worshipers of a single players either needs to keep such thoughts to themselves or find some player only fansite for them to worship their idols.

3. langal

langal Contributing Member

I think the haters are a lot more vocal and predominant these days.

4. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Honestly, I think you and others are getting mad and sniping at people who are literally not even visiting the boards right now. The only people left are the ones scratching their heads at who you guys are yelling at.

If you want to talk about the team, then talk about the team. Stop talking about the fans of a player who is on the team. If they show up, ignore them or report them. Don't respond. It's that simple.

The same goes for the people who feel the need to defend Lin against the ABJ crowd. Do you really think you're going to change their minds? Are you sure they aren't just posting to get a rise out of you and derail the thread?

I swear, the Jews and the Palestinians could learn a few things about latent, misdirected anger from both sides of this ridiculous internet flame war. 90% of the hate you have for each other is based on blatantly obvious troll posts from people who literally don't care and just like to start internet arguments.

1 person likes this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

There is no such thing as an ABJ.

Proposing so if frankly idiotic.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Here you go...

7. jdjd

jdjd Member

i thought this thread was supposed to be about point guard alternatives? all i see is a lot of childish arguing about Lin. Lin just say "suppose" Lin isn't here anymore, who's our next choice to get us over the hump?

8. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I think if we sign dwight we need to trade lin/asik and bring in josh smith and another shooter. Then we need to sign chauncey billups. He wants to play for a contender, can be that guy to close out games at the line since harden seems to miss lots of FT late, and can also be that pg that will bury you if you leave him open to double dwight.

9. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

I wish Jeremy will be traded then I could watch him on NBALP.

He will not be utilized in the right way as long as Mchale is the coach.

Oh, Dwight Howard is a fuxking clown with shiit getting into his brain, not knowing when. He used to be a good kid.....

10. Chamillionaire

Chancey Billups - FA

He could probably be had for cheap. I think he may have a year or 2 left in the tank. He never relied on his athletism, so I think he could still be an effective player.

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

To just have as your 3rd string pg on a team with dwight, Parsons, Howard, and harden is just perfect

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT THIS!? Seriously even looking on other forums they claim Lin/Asik are untouchable/untradeable/downright cancerous in the 3rd year cause of the $15m salary payment, all that really matters is the impact on the cap.

13. Chamillionaire

Clippers just got Redick. They still have Crawford and Green. If he's heatlhy, he'd probably get minutes behind Harden.

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Exactly. If we don't do a sign and trade for howard, we have almost nothing left for the rosters spots except the minimum. And that is best for old vets that still have something in the tank. Chauncey fills that spot. Would love to have him.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Billups is basically the most unclutch player in the nba (please stop listening to media narratives), do not want, especially at his age.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We have kids to trade for veterans, and this year half the league is looking to tank, the top end is getting stacked.

#257 Aleron, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  17. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

trade to the Knicks Lin for Amare.

18. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

still rooting for Devin Harris..

19. basketballholic

Can't shoot the 3 unfortunately.