1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings shopping Jimmer Fredette for a late 1st

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pacertom, Jun 25, 2013.

1. pacertom

pacertom Member

There's some talk of Jimmer Fredette going to the Pacers or maybe the Jazz...

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/60257/flurry-of-trade-talks-surrounding-draft

The Sacramento Kings are looking to acquire a second first-round pick and are using guard Jimmer Fredette as bait.

Sources say the Kings have reached out to a number of teams in the mid-to-late first round in an attempt to secure another pick. Both the Indiana Pacers and Utah Jazz are potential destinations for Jimmer. Kings coach Mike Malone is enamored with both Tim Hardaway Jr. and Tony Snell, but the Kings feel that they can get them much lower in the draft.

In addition to the Pacers' Jimmer discussions, sources say Indiana has made the No. 23 pick available in hopes that an interested party would be willing to take on the contract of Gerald Green for the right to acquire Indy's pick.

----

Hmmm.... so combining the two thoughts, maybe the Pacers could unload mistake signing Gerald Green, replace DJ Augustin with Jimmer as backup PG, save a little money for the big payday coming Paul George's way after next year and a lesser payday for Lance Stephenson, and the cost is pick #23.

It would at least help the shooting off the bench.

Do you do it?

Should it give a Pacers fan a Jimmer?

Can he guard anybody at all?

Could a better PG than Jimmer slide to #23: Larkin (unlikely), Schroeder (unlikely), Canaan, Green....???

----
    I'm not really Jimmered up about the prospect of getting Jimmer to be honest.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jimmer "all hype" Fredette

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

Don't see the Kings getting back anything of that value for Fredette. He doesn't look good at all. I think they'd probably get a 2nd rounder for him, or have to package him with something for a first (or take back a bad contract)

4. Mr. Space City

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'd be very surprised if Sacramento was able to fetch a first-rounder for him.

He's really been that bad.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The white Luther head

7. pacertom

pacertom Member

ouch

ouch

1 person likes this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Really? The Pacers or the Jazz? Sometimes the jokes just write themselves.....

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Don't you mean white themselves...? ;)

1 person likes this.
  10. pacertom

pacertom Member

Perception vs. reality?

White players under contract for the Pacers next year:
    Mile Plumlee

African American players under contract for the Pacers next year:
    Hibbert
    Granger
    Hill
    George
    Stephenson
    Mahinmi
    Johnson
    Green

to decide on, with respect to qualifying offers:
    T Hansbrough (white)
    B Hansbrough (white)
    Jeff Pendergraf (African American)

free agents (all African Americans)
    West
    Augustin
    Young

11. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

OKC was interested in him at the deadline. If I were Sacramento, I'd offer Jimmer and a 2nd rounder for OKC's early 2nd round pick and DeAndre Liggins.

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Kings should trade their entire team except Thomas and Cousins for a 2nd rd pick.

13. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Jimmer was bad on a horrible team that offers no development, system or consistency. It was a team of chuckers and everyone was for themselves. The owner was bad, the GM was bad, the coach was bad, the players were bad, the arena was bad... EVERYTHING was laughably bad.

Now, I am not saying he would be good on a good team, but with his skills and specialties were no use on that team. He does have decent handling skills and elite shooting skills. He also brings the Mormon fan base the same way JLin brings his own fan base. If I were a team with a late first-round pick or early second-round pick, I would take a flyer on him.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin for the White Jeremy Lin?

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

REALITY

[​IMG]

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jimmer for T-Rob

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I don't know about bad. To me, bad is when you get minutes and you fail to fill the duties expected of the roll you're playing while on the court. As a shooter and scorer, he's actually been quite effective.

.417 from downtown is nothing to sneeze at, and his true shooting % of .546 puts him neck and neck with a guy like Carlos Delfino. On a per 36 minute basis, his scoring extrapolates to about 18 points per game. That said, in the 13 games where he played between 20 and 30 minutes this past season (average of 23.1 minutes) he scored 13.4 points per game on .467 overall shooting and .500 from behind the arc. Those are damn good percentages, and the 13.4 point average in 23.1 minutes is actually ahead of his expected production based on per 36.

Has he been worth the #10 pick? No, not yet he hasn't. But I wouldn't say he's been bad. With the right team and more opportunities I think he could be a valuable scoring spark off the bench for a good team.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I could see the Knicks biting on this. #24 + Richardson for Jimmer.

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

I would rather use a late 2nd to get Seth Curry.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oh, god. It'd be all we'd hear about on ESPN.

"Jimmer went for 25 last night to stop the Knicks' 3 game skid. Is there a power struggle between Jimmer and Melo for the #1 spot on the Knicks offense?"