1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale Harden dispute on TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fair Dinkum, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

and neither is good for the team.

2. langal

langal Contributing Member

I'd have to.say that Harden is at fault here if this report is true.

3. Nook

Nook Member

The reason Lin is brought up by some posters is that many of those ultra critical of Harden are Lin fans. So over the last 6 months a war of sorts has developed.

Concerning the article, the writer made it seem like McHale and Harden were sitting next to each other and arguing, and that isn't the case. I am very happy Harden wants the big shots, it is his team, and he has the stubborn confidence and determination the great ones have. I just don't think at 23 he is at the point where he trusts his teammates enough. Like Kobe, Jordan, Shaq, Hakeem and others, a young Harden will butt heads with his coach... Nothing unique to McHale and I am not too worried. Just two alpha males strutting.

1 person likes this.
  4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

And people blame McHale for the stagnant play down the stretch....

5. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I like ball movement and team ball, its exciting to watch so I'm with McHale. Harden was asked twice by two different reporters and I agree, he REALLY DOESN'T KNOW THERES A PROBLEM.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well its obvious, harden one of his worst games of the season, and decided to iso on the last two shots. its on him. he needs to get his head out of his ass and let someone else iso OR RUN A ****IN PLAY!

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If we want D12 (which I almost don't) SVG won't be our coach.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

They have this delusional notion that Harden is stopping linsanity. It's beyond farsical.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Harden wants to play hero lol. He just has to start coming through. We'll be alright...

10. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

No need to question whether the report is true, just follow the link and watch / read the report on the CSN website.

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

On those possessions Parsons had been hot all night and had Fisher guarding him :confused: Why didn't he get the ball?

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

When you're up by 1 pt w/ 1 min left and you have possession of the ball and you run the clock down to take the last shot?? This is stupid strategy. It's not like the opponent won't get the ball back w/ plenty of time. Why not start running your normal play and execute and get a decent shot. This is why Harden is screwing up the lead late in the game.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Considering Howard has been in constant contact with SVG all throughout the season by media reports and respects him greatly, I think the opposite is the truth. I personally rather go get a star scoring power forward and allow Asik to stay at Center.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This also has to be one the reasons many of harden's teammates rarely go to pick him up when he falls after an ill-advised drive. They obviously know it wasn't the drawn up play and when he's on the ground everyone just walks to the other end of the floor. One of the ball boys had to pick him up one time last night. NO ONE went to help him which is just shocking to me.

Last night when Harden came to get the ball, for what i assume would have been 20 seconds of ball holding, it was beverley that looked him off and was getting Parsons all these buckets going to the basket off of down screens. Lin for some reason rarely does that; he simply gives the ball to harden after he crosses the timeline.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

That's the problem w/ the Rockets....they're playing dumb basket. IF they're any smart, they would have won game 2 and 3 and 4 and be up by 3-1 right now...rather than the other way around.

16. Nook

Nook Member

You are reaching.

17. langal

langal Contributing Member

That's also the thinking ballhogs have. Harden is not proven enough to do the iso-heroball crap game after game when it is.not working.

It's not "his" team. That's Carmelo-thinking there. The team should work for the best shot to try to win the game. That DOES NOT mean one guy gets to take all the clutch shots.

1 person likes this.
  18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Well if this article has any credence, Harden literally has thrown his coach and teammates under the bus...You listen to your coach, but then again, i really do think that there are times no one listen to Mchale, the huddle down the stretch of games often times looks distant...

mchale needs to reign in his star or risk losing the entire team...

19. dookiester

dookiester Member

But it's on the coach to hold the players accountable. Can't fault Harden because as far as he's concerned, there are no negative ramifications for him playing his own way, since McHale has never once sent him to the bench as a disciplinary measure. Harden's a young player that I think can still be taught and molded, but he can only get there with proper coaching. It's disconcerting that it doesn't seem like he's getting coached at all.

20. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

It is from CSN Houston.