1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Twitter Debate/Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Apr 30, 2013.

1. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

even tho the way harden plays pisses the **** out of me, the talent is there...just has to change the way he plays the game.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Absolutely, I think there's some truth there. As Sam Fisher has said, James has every right to be worn down. He played in the Finals through late June, then went straight to Olympic play, then jumped back into NBA play in his first season as a No. 1, high-usage option. Combine that with the foot injuries he suffered in February, and it's easy to see why he'd start to become somewhat less effective in traffic (and then do it less). Unfortunately, combine that trend with his recent slump from 3 and the defense of a No. 1 seed, and you get the inefficiency that has been this series.

The good news is that he should be due for a breakout game from 3. We could sure use it tomorrow...

3. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Curry is the better defender because he actually tries. Harden may be worse than Kevin Martin on D.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I gotta back The Cat.

Harden - 1.53 Points per shot
    Curry - 1.29 Points per shot

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I'm not talking about right now I'm talking about in the future. Harden has shown flashes of great defense and the potential is there. Once he decides to become a complete player Harden will be way better than Curry. Curry is exactly as advertised, a pure shooter with the ability to handle the ball.

6. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Could you ever imagin Kmart guarding Ibaka and getting totally destroyed? I cant, yes he has been pretty bad on D all year, but i gotta give him some props for being able to somewhat contain Ibaka while guarding him.

7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Fixed, i gave some money to the tip jar but still cant seem to edit my posts. If anyone knows what im doing wrong it would be much appreciated.

8. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Curry's been amazing to watch. I'd still take Harden easily, but Curry is competing with LeBron as the best player in the playoffs so far. It's a joke that he wasn't on the all-star team.

9. onreego

onreego Member

Cat, while I agree with you and rep you for your solid argument. Much of which is a pointless argument considering who you're trying to convince. It's hard to deny that Curry deserved to be on that All Star team, even much more so than David Lee.

10. Aarackniid

Aarackniid Member

Live and die by your superstar. I'm fine with it as long as he puts in work.

11. kumakun

kumakun Member

Harden is still elite, he's just trying to do too much with Lin out that now he carries Lins TOs as well. In reality last game Lin wouldve had 5 TO as well as Harden and since Lin was hurt it was only normal for Harden to give the ball up and jack shots like he did. Dont worry Parsons will take over next game and it will be better.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Oh, I agree there. Curry deserved to be on the team. He's really good and one of the top five NBAers I most enjoy watching. I was just pointing out the All-Star results to combat his ridiculous statement that no one outside of Houston fans would take Harden over Curry. The reality is that they're both excellent, but I think the consensus (not unanimous) view from informed people is that Harden is a hair better.

13. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

He has "slumped" while still being probably as efficient as Melo at times (shooting wise), while shooting bad, for what 25 games? What a slump! To put up 36 in a slump in a playoff game isn't easy. I know that for sure!

Not doggin at ya per say, but he may be nursing a sore knee, or ankle, or leg. I don't know, but he's played through some bumps and bruises. He's bigger and stronger than Curry. He might not be as good of a shooter, but that's yet to be determined as until what game 60 or so is when he officially dropped below 50% (from 3), and was shooting over 50% from everywhere on the floor right?

Also OKC does know him well, but he knows them well. This is a team game though. Last night we played as a team, and won. It's not all James being in a slump. The shots will fall again. The contract kicks in next year, and he's 23 I LOVE THIS ROCKETS TEAM!!

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Curry is an amazing talent but his ankles are made of glass.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that everyone on the team has struggled from 3 the whole series. The Thunder have packed in the paint all series. When Harden drives he has to face Ibaka, Perkins, and his own defender.

Last game the 3-pointers started falling and it opened up the lane the entire second half. Now, Harden didn't have a good game, but he wasn't being that aggressive last night.

I expect him to come out firing tomorrow.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Harden > Curry

17. sefril

sefril Member

The Cat owning everybody who use "opinion, self judgment, and their own preference"..

yeah it's very hard to argue with the people who see the grass is always greener on the other side, where the weaknesses on their own grass is always magnified 100 times..

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

every time harden gets fouled its a shot attempt basically. That adds maybe 5 additional shot attempts per game to Hardens average.

19. Aarackniid

Aarackniid Member

This.

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Curry is playing bad~~~~