1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Apr 24, 2013.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

At least Brooks was a +9 while Lin was -23. With Brooks on the court the Rockets were at least gaining ground.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

If Lin couldn't go it's up to him to say he can't play. Once he's in, McHale has to trust him, and allow him time to work his way through it. He also needs to know when enough is enough. It's on both of them.

3. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Thought his defense was fine. Couldn't hit a wall on offense but defense was ok. Caught ball-watching a little in the first half, but I think he started the second half off very well.

People will want to attribute the +/- run to Lin leaving/Garcia coming in, but the truth is, the run started in the second half when our team started playing defense.

OKC scored 39, 27, 14, 24 in the four quarters.

4. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

he should be really mad at himself right now for playing badly in the playoffs where it reall matters! he let a lot of people down hope he learned his lesson and works really hard this summer he should know what his weaknesses are by now

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Are you kidding me? The ballboy may give Lin a running for his spot with the way he was playing.

6. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I wouldn't and thank god the coaching staff didn't either. Dude was a liability. He should just sit the rest of the series and move on to next year. He can't look any worse than he has already, he should be ready to surprise a lot of people next year.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Count me as one of the people who has no issue with him playing. Even if he hadn't played we would have still lot this game. Guys need to get as much playoff experience as possible so that they are better prepared for next season. I was also really impressed with McHale letting him go out there. All season long people complained about McHale not trusting him enough & putting him on a short leash. Well McHale trusted him tonight. I can't even be mad.

8. Reach

Reach Member

Maybe this is just a clever ploy by Lin to destroy his trade value so Morey can't ship him out. The guy's literally had the worst playoffs performance in the entire league.

9. trock

trock Member

I understand he's injured and it's going to limit what he can do, but I do want to see a little bit of toughness from him. Brooks doesn't run the offense (not that I really expect him to) and he's more of a liability than a struggling Lin on defense.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Nate Robinson's performance today showed me that playoff heroics don't happened overnight. The dude has been in the league for 7 yrs haven't been able to shine because of trades to different teams in his entire career and look at what he's doing now. Why am I talking about this in a Jeremy Lin Injury thread???

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I doubt Lin gains any experience from playing like he's crippled.

12. pnr

pnr Member

Lin shouldnt have played. He needs to take himself out.

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yes he does. You learn best from your worst performances. Also just being out there on the court, seeing how valuable very possession is, understanding that referee's call post season games differently. Obviously I wish he was healthy. But you get experience from playing as opposed to riding the bench. I am happy he gutted it out & played & I am happy McHale let him play for a bit. Rockets weren't winning this game anyway, not sure why people are mad. We are overmatched talent & experience wise. People just like to complain. This season was about seeing what we have in guys like Parsons, omer, Lin etc. D-mo, Trobb, Bev, Jones will all get there chance next year. Now Lin, Omer, Parsons have a full season as starters under there belt & playoff experience. Hopefully they are all healthy going into the summer. I expect them to be all better next year, look at how much better Jrue played after getting playoff experience last year.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Something tells me you did not watch every playoff game in this entire post season if you're posting on every Jeremy Lin thread and all of your post is related to Jeremy Lin?

15. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Tell that to Nets fans...

16. gate470

gate470 Rookie

He's one of those, "i'm a jlin fan but..."i'm gonna rip on him every chance I get.

17. Classic

Classic Member

Drunk?

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Who knows if Rockets would of won or not with Lin out. Maybe the lead wouldn't ballooned as much with Lin out (dude was -23). He was making extremely painful looking facial expressions after every play, couldn't shoot, couldn't drive, made a silly turnover, and was just swinging the ball around the perimeter. That's not what I call getting playoff experience if so it's negligible. Being more healthy and playing game 4 might of been better off for experience.

19. gate470

gate470 Rookie

You're blaming this loss (you did the other one too) on Lin...a guy that most of you view as an average, sometimes even scrub, role player.

20. MFBTY

MFBTY Member

All the people blaming the loss on Lin will be the first to say he's scared to play, too soft for the league, etc. if he had sat out.

1 person likes this.