1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Brown hired back by Cavaliers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Apr 23, 2013.

1. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Mike Brown was COY 2008-2009 with a 66-16 record.

2. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I think Phil has more pride than taking the Lakers job after they snubbed him just a few months ago.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

Poor, poor Cleveland.

4. Nook

Nook Member

No he wont.......

Irving will continue to not defend, but he will get 25-30 shots a night... he will be in heaven. Look for Brown to push for a bunch of solid defensive role players to surround Irving.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

I guess to be fair to both Cleveland & Brown, there were reportedly other teams calling or interested. (Sixers, Hawks, Suns)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mike Brown had other offers but major factor in decision came down to his family wanting to live in Cleveland.</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/326783292361801730">April 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Brown's family decided to move back to Cleveland months ago, was house hunting. Had $8M left on Lakers deal. Didn't have to coach.</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/326784439311015937">April 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Talks are still ongoing about what, if anything, the Los Angeles Lakers would still owe Brown, source tells Y! Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/326782653405736960">April 23, 2013</a></blockquote>

6. Nook

Nook Member

The Lakers are going to lose to the Spurs in round one.

Next year the Lakers will continue to be irrelevant with a core that is pushing 35 years old.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wade is on the back end of his career, and Miami doesn't have the cap space to offer another max contract to someone. With LA's ability to basically clear every contract off their books (outside of Dwight), I sincerely think they are going to be a major player for LeBron come 2014. Adding Phil to the mix will almost assuredly give them a huge chip to play with in negotiations. The only thing I can see keeping LeBron from heading West is his distaste for being disliked. People would hate him all over again for jumping to another "superfriends" situation.....and this with the Evil Lakers to boot. However, I don't know HOW strong that distate would actually be.

8. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Look at the East. Its weak. Celtics are done, Knicks are always a mess and not threatening, Nets have bad contracts stuck for 2-3 more years, Pacers dont have enough talent, Bulls we dont know if Derrick Rose will be MVP caliber ever again after seeing him struggle with mentally trusting his body. The EAST IS WEAK. No way Lebron leaves to go to the tough West.

9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Rockets are gonna embarrass themselves on national TV more and expose Harden for the flopping overrated player he is.

- Lakers amnesty Kobe and tell him to take the year 2013/2014 off
    - Lakers trade Pau Gasol for a TPE
    - Lakers re-sigh Dwight
    - Lakers sign Chris Paul outright
    - Lakers get Phil Jackson

- Kobe joins team
    - Lakers use TPE & get Aldridge

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

how in the world Kobe Bryant is considered one of the best ever?

11. Asian Sensation

Yuck. LeBron would look so weird in a Lakers uniform.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LeBron took Brown to the finals. Not the other way around.

13. Fyreball

We said the same thing about him in a Miami uniform too. I think the days of superstars playing out their careers with one team are effectively over. LeBron has no more loyalty to Miami than he had to Cleveland, and perhaps he views coming out from the West as a new challenge for him since he's done it over and over again in the East.

14. smr6

smr6 Member

People actually WANT to live in Cleveland?

15. Nook

Nook Member

What was McMillan good at? His defense was not good when adjusted for pace and his offense was mediocre as well.

16. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Subtract Lebron from that team and the record would easily be 16-66.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

I was about to say the same thing.

And yes, Lebron will most likely end up in LA with the Lakers.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Seriously? How does this guys keep getting jobs?

19. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

20. Fyreball

I always thought he got some good runs out of that Portland team, but then again, given the amount of talent they had, I suppose they did underachieve. I've never honestly looked at his advanced stats, so I'm not really certain what he brings to the table in terms of X's and O's.