1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NEWS] Explosions near Boston Marathon Finish Line (UPDATE: MIT/Watertown shootout w/ suspects)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vstexas09, Apr 15, 2013.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh yes it does.....don't take outliers as an indicator of youth being wise...

DD

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

do you want him to get the death penalty?

3. rawool

rawool Member

Time to move this thread to D&D.

4. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

You're not a great example of that....

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the drinking age in europe is far younger, it mostly has to do with the fact the we in particular are more immature than the rest of the world and don't actually "Grow up" till after college. Experiences only make you wiser if you take something to learn from them btw, which I'm sure you have so I won't come up with the arrogant approach of saying I know more than you.

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

with narration:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0A5vfyFyptQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. basso

Supporting Member

http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04...ate-getaway/jaIyrXr8fSnf5Pu4xnRbvM/story.html

New details on wild shootout with bomb suspects in Watertown; chief believes older brother was killed by younger brother’s desperate getaway

By Mark Arsenault and Sean P. Murphy, Globe Staff

Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was alive and struggling with Watertown police early Friday morning, when his younger brother and alleged co-conspirator drove over him in a stolen SUV, dragging him on the pavement and apparently inflicting the fatal injuries that killed him, said Watertown Police Chief Ed Deveau in a Globe interview.

Tsarnaev, 26, was pronounced dead early Friday morning at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, after engaging police in ferocious firefight in Watertown.

His brother, Dzhokar Tsarnaev, 19, is in Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in serious condition. He was captured Friday night, after hiding for hours in a boat stored in a Watertown backyard. Authorities believe the brothers planted bombs made from pressure cookers at the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, killing three and wounding more than 170.

The chief described the chain of events that led to Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s death, beginning late Thursday, after the brothers allegedly carjacked a man in Cambridge. The two brothers let the driver out unharmed, but the driver’s cellphone was still in his car, said Deveau. Police “pinged” the phone to determine where it was, he said, which alerted police that the suspects were in Watertown.

A local officer spotted the brothers driving in two cars, a Honda sedan and the stolen Mercedes SUV, said Deveau. The brothers stopped, jumped out and started firing on the officer, while more police rushed to the scene, he said.

“Quickly we had six Watertown police officers and two bad guys in a gunfight,” said Deveau. At least 200 shots were fired; maybe as many as 300, he said.

The shots, around 12:50 a.m., woke resident Jennings Aske, at 66 Laurel Ave. When he looked out his window he saw a green Honda Civic sedan stopped in the street, with its lights on and the driver’s side windows blown out. A husky man – apparently Tamerlan Tsarnaev -- stood nearby firing a gun.

“I saw him standing there shooting at police,” Aske said. “When he fired, there was a little flash of light. I could hear the gun firing. It was terrifying.”

A police SUV came down Laurel Street, hearing west toward Dexter Ave., crashing into some trash cans on the sidewalk and into a parked car. Aske said he then saw a black Mercedes SUV drive up, also heading west toward Dexter Avenue. Then he heard two or three loud explosions, one of them large enough to shake the house. In an instant, the street “was crawling with police,” he said.

Deveau said the Tsarnaev brothers hurled something at the officers – apparently a pressure cooker bomb -- and there was a tremendous explosion. Police later found the lid to a pressure cooker. “We believe it was an exact duplicate of the Boston Marathon bombs,” he said. The suspects also threw five “crude grenades” at officers; three of which exploded, he said.

One of his officers put his cruiser into gear and jumped out of it, letting it roll at the suspects to draw fire, he said. The suspects peppered the car with bullets.

After several minutes, the elder brother, Tamerlan, walked toward the officers, firing his gun until he appeared to run out of bullets, Deveau said. Officers tackled him and were trying to get handcuffs on him, when the stolen SUV came roaring at them, the younger brother at the wheel. The officers scattered and the SUV plowed over Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who was dragged briefly under the car, he said.

Dzhokar Tsarnaev abandoned the SUV almost immediately on a nearby street and fled on foot, triggering an all-day manhunt.

Meanwhile, officers at the scene treated MBTA Transit Police Officer Richard H. Donohue Jr., who had arrived on the scene and was wounded in the gunfight.

Aske continued to watch for several hours, while police searched the abandoned Civic with a robot, apparently looking for explosives.

The state medical examiner has not released an autopsy report detailing cause of death.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

^ Maybe he was pissed about him dragging him into it and was.."**** you."

9. basso

Supporting Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GCrGKy9-7Ss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Don't know about Shady, but me? Absolutely. Heck, send him to Russia or China ( because he killed a Chinese citizen with the bomb) and let them handle the guy.

11. basso

Supporting Member

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

This smells fishy. Coroner states he had bullet wounds in every part of his body, yet he was somehow alive and cuffed?

13. basso

Supporting Member

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I can't find it now, but in this thread there appeared a leaked photo of #1's body, I thought. I didn't click on it b/c I didn't want to be grossed out, but everyone was saying it looked like a bomb took out a chunk of his abdomen. If he got hit hard by a car, could do something similar (I guess?)

Yuck.

Glad there are witnesses to the dudes hurling bombs and firing on police.

15. basso

Supporting Member

Pete Williams is saying #2 is starting to respond to questions, primarily in writing due to injuries.

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

If it's the picture that I think it is, the abdomen wound was actually caused by the doctors, because they were desperately trying to massage his heart as a last-ditch maneuver to save him.

Still, I don't see what's wrong with "guy got shot up a lot, but he's still alive." Unless it hits somewhere important, people don't just drop dead from bullets like they do in movies especially when you're all hyped on adrenaline like Bomber #1 was, and "being alive" doesn't mean "oh, he's fine." If his brother hadn't ran him over, he likely would have survived as well.

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I highly doubt that picture was legit. Consider the source. Pictures like that can be found on any gore website.

18. basso

Supporting Member

19. B-Bob

They should go all captain Pike with #2.

[​IMG]

20. B-Bob

Yeah, don't recall the source, but you're right. It seemed too absurd to think such a photo could get out anyway.