1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. rockets137

rockets137 Member

eeeeehmmm Byron *COUGH* Scott anyone ?!?

2. New

I told you there are some people who only care about BIG moments. Like a PG that is good a blocking shots or a 3pt shot made out of nothing. They call it momentum shift plays! The most effective team would be running like a machine with little surprise, like Spurs or Heat. But it is NBA which appeal to the fans with BIG moments.

I do not care how many blocks a PG have per game or how many steals Lin, Harden or any other player have. It does not matter that much.

BTW: Now I think Mchale actually runs the Rockets in a close game like a machine: repeat Harden ISO until the game is over. I give him credits for having the guts to do that.

3. New

Yeah. When Parsons had the ball, I thought Mchale changed his scheme of Harden Isos... I was like, oh, finally the ISO is over and Mchale has adjusted... And then Parsons starts to ISO! Perhaps Morey should just find another foundational player who is great at ISO! When Harden ISO fails, at least we could try some other player ISO. It is a progress!

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It's been almost 24 hours, and I still can't fathom how incredibly STUPID Kevin McHale is as a coach.

Helen Keller has better court vision.

5. 2ndchance

2ndchance Member

I feel you. I have so much residual anger that I didn't want to come to this site and the Internet in general and have to re-live yesterday's debacle. The only silver lining (a very small dim lining) was seeing the truehoops article - I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels Mchale really dropped the ball. Hopefully Morey and Rox maagement read it too.

6. dxdx

dxdx Member

Nah ah, you can't google translate that. I tried it.

7. OpportunityCost

I don't get it. My hope is that Morey will stop being relcalcitrant and stubborn on this McHale issue and do what's best for the Rockets - and please no more crazy references that he could be COY.

8. 2ndchance

2ndchance Member

Part of me feels like Morey is too smart to keep Mchale especially after the last two games. I even feel like Les Alexander must have been going nuts watching these games.

But we can never know what's really going on behind the scenes with the politics, pre-existing agreements etc...

I guess as fans, we can only hope....and b**** LOUDLY and elsewhere on the web!!!:........u think management has people reading here???

9. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Which is the worse of two evils? No thanks!

Try google search instead.

10. pacmania

pacmania Member

Interesting Article: http://dubsism.wordpress.com/tag/kevin-mchale/

"Let that sink in for a moment. While you are doing that, Rockets’ fans, be thankful “McFail” will not be your GM, but weep openly at the fact this nimrod will be determining your on-court talent.

Houston, you have a problem…here’s hoping it doesn’t last 13 years like it did in Minnesota"

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

One thing came to my mind was who's really behind this Harden ISO business. McHale, Harden or Morey? McHale may not have much say to how the offense is really run. I guess we won't know until he's gone. In either case, if he fails to run the team in the right direction, someone else that does should take the job.

12. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I wouldn't be surprise if during the pre-season game in Taiwan, McHale gets booed. A Chinese co-worker told me that the Taiwanese people get very vocal about unfair treatment. Moreso, if that unfair treatment is aimed at Jeremy.

13. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

Me too. Still livid after 24 hours. Livid.

14. brick

brick Member

I guess McHale did it at the beginning of the season to help Morey push Harden into the all star game. Now he has lost control of the player which reminds me of D'Antoni and Melo in NYK.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think this shows Harden doesn't trust his teammates. He goes into panic mode but he's not doing any better these days.

I predict that McHale will not finish next season as our head coach.

Les Alexander is very much hands-on with regards to decisions re: the team. And he hates to lose. Morey may try to delay it just like he delayed the firing (non-renewal) of Adelman. But McHale will not be long-term for us.

16. carayip

carayip Member

No way Morey's advanced stats would tell him that dribbling for 20 seconds and jacking up a desperation 3 is a good % shot.

17. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

Morey is a great GM but he does have mistakes.. like Mchale, Sampson, TRob, Brooks. These guys won't be here next year

18. pacmania

pacmania Member

The Celtics fraternity will always spin it like reaching the playoffs despite the youth and inexperience of the team is Mcfail's achievement.

It is not always about youth and inexperience but talent and maturity.

you can have a veteran team with all the experience in the world but without talent you will still fail. Also, you can have a young team whose maturity is beyond their years.

With that said , we have a young team which is very talented and mature.

They won despite lack of coaching talent and lack of coaching experience of Kevin Mcfail.

19. pacmania

pacmania Member

Conversely, Rick Adelman had an older but less talented team depleted by injuries and that team still looked better under his Princeton offense.

That team overachieved because the individual talent of the players was mediocre but as a team the whole was more than the sum of its parts.

You can't say this young team under Kevin Mchale overachieved based merely on youth and inexperience.

Whether or not a team overachieves should be gauged by the level of talent and maturity of the players on the team not by youth and inexperience.

2 people like this.
  20. wendzall

wendzall Member

great point!