1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

one guy is a max contract player the other makes 5 mill and his main job is to distribute. Harden had 6 freaking turnovers again....plus he's lucky Smith Lin Parsons bailed him out and the Rockets even got to OT.

2. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Jim Parsons probably took his cap off after that sorry excuse of an offense in crunch time.

3. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

[youtube]4L37je8JKLo[/youtube]

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Noone said Harden was good. He was atrocious, I mmean putrid in the 4th in particular, but it seems some people here are using him as an scape goat.

5. conquistador#11

so you're saying "resting" the heart of the offense at that moment in time, for 12 straight minutes had no impact in the game? Lin isn't consistent yet where he can come in after a quarter of rest as if nothing. you have to milk the situation. It's proven that we play great basketball when we're moving the ball. (and hitting the 3s) we did neither in the fourth. and the whipping boy was only in there for half of the 4th qtr.

6. Habs

Habs Member

Smith had the 2 biggest players of the night. The momentum swinging block on Gasol off an isolation (again, a Tim Duncan/Ben Wallace level of defensive play). And him coming up with a loose ball that went to Lin, that went to Parsons for a 3 - Patterson doesn't fight for loose balls like that. I'm fine with Smith's game tonight, he's far from the reason the Rockets lost this game.

Lin and Harden though? ****ty on defense, ****ty on offense. These last 2 games, I don't know what the hell these 2 are doing out there. Harden is launching 3s and missing, driving into nothing and flopping (again, he needs to watch Pierce and Kobe videos on slamming it home). Lin looks like he's going to **** his pants in OT.

7. ERC

ERC Member

Checked the game log. Lin only had 2 TOs - 1 in 3Q (6:24) and 2nd in 4Q (2:35).

8. edlkf

This.

9. kastuul

kastuul Member

Did anyone notice that most of Lin's missed shots are passed from Harden???

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

One of them was reversed you're right. It came off Jamison and the reversed the call.

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

You can say that about everyone else since Harden handles the ball the most.

1 person likes this.
  12. edlkf

Stop using Harden as an escape goat!

13. ERC

ERC Member

Sorry if this has been asked and discussed (don't feel like going thru 200+ pages), but why didn't McHale stagger Lin & Harden's min anymore? Why is he h*ll-bent on sitting Lin when Harden's on the bench? Lin may not have a complete game yet but we know he can run an offense. Why not let him run with Garcia/Delfino and let Beverly catch & shoot alongside Harden?

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets and texans Houston sport teams just choke way the end of their seasons... Just chokers. Texans get rid of Schaub and Kubiak and rockets get rid of McHale.

15. coach41

coach41 Member

Let's keep it civil ok? I really don't care if the foul was called or not. I'm stating my opinion. If you disagree that is fine. I'm not offended if you disagree.

But let me state this again. You saw Harden get hit. The referees did not call a foul. In the books, there was no foul. Scream about it until you're blue in the face, it won't change anything.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden is the anti lin according to lin fans. lool. i'm going to sleep. Good night.

17. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Harden is our guy. No question. Harden isos can be effective, no question. BUT not for the whole freakin' quarter!! And if that is not clearly McHale's call, i really don't know what else I can say.. Either he lost control of his players and can't rein in a iso-happy group or he is calling the iso plays over and over again. Either way, it stinks, and it'll lead to our ruin. And his rotations..smh. Worst in the world. I could've sworn that he was going to have Lin start off the quarter. Didn't he see that that was the right call? Pretty much everyone here does!! It's not even just bad timing, it was the message that's sent. McHale gave him a sign of no confidence and showed him how much he really valued him. And Lin came in dejected and cold. Lin's also to blame but it does not excuse McHale for his shenanigans.
    Here, let me make it simple for McHale, tell your guys to run it, then when the offense gets stopped to run pnrs for Harden, Lin, and Parsons. And please please let your starters play out there, especially Lin who always gets sat too long. Dude's a rhythm player, how hard is it to see that.
    Oh, and let's make it clear, it's not Harden's fault today, it's McHale's. A player does what the coaches want and shots come and go, it's the coaching staff who has to read the rhythm and react accordingly. It's the coaching staff's duty to make sure we have our best players out there and to call the right plays and have the right people make the right plays. It's ridiculous how much McHale just wants Harden to get the ball and to get the ball out of Lin's hands. It's so obvious and such a big failure of bball iq. Even Harden didn't look like he wanted it so much. Harden plays better when he can pick his spots not when he's forced to run iso and pg again and again. Boo McHale! Boo!

18. tvd

tvd Member

Playoff vs OKC:

[​IMG]

19. tvd

tvd Member

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL read my posts I was ragging on him since the beginning of the game. Go through the game thread I saw so many Lin fnas saying that he was awful. Stop making stuff up that people are making excuses for him or giving him a pass. THat is far from the truth.