1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I think he might be a Golden State fan...just a hunch.

Also a troll.

2. SandboxRocket

SandboxRocket Member

this about hits what happened right on the head; we should have kept pushing the tempo on the Lakers, we were able to catch them on transition but once we settled down into an ISO-half court offense, we played into their strength (size inside) and into our offensive weakness (no low post threat/halfcourt offense)

I felt like McHale kept PBev in too long; our P&R offense was great but we failed to keep our tempo after the half, I've noticed that PBev allows the opposing defense to get settled, while Lin at times probes and then is able to hit the streaking teammate in transition. Really felt that if we kept the jets on we would've tired out the older legs of the Lakers.

Props to Omer for playing great D on Dwight and not surprisingly getting little respect from the refs.

I just hope this loss fires up the team and that they learn from the lapses that happened.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You might want to go and watch the game again. His first brick was when he got the ball with 13 seconds left and the second crucial brick was when he got the ball with over 7 seconds left. Van gundy even said that both those guys held the ball to long. What about his two crucial turnovers?. Were they Hardens fault to?

4. GSWSFG49ers

GSWSFG49ers Rookie

How am i trolling when im only quoting an ESPN SPORTSCASTER, ESPN MUST BE TROLLING!!!! BAHAHAHAH

5. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

Keep riding on Harden's dick, I know you are gay.

6. Habs

Habs Member

I thought Greg Smith played big. He got 1 crucial block on Gasol in the 4th that was huge. Had Gasol made that shot it would have iced the game. Instead, not only did Greg Smith defend it well, he blocked the shot and the Rockets got the ball back. In a game this big, it was a Tim Duncan/Ben Wallace level of defensive play.

Lin played atrociously. He's got to shoot the ball. He looks scared out there. And once he misses a big shot, the rest of his game crumbles. Beverly shouldn't be outplaying you in a game of this stature Lin. He's taking 3s and driving to the hoop and finishing the play. Quit passing the ball to nowhere Lin, take the damn shot, you're not playing next to Kobe and Duncan.

Aside from that though, Morey shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt. This team hasn't made the playoffs since 2009 and this in finally got in as the 8th seed. That's far from impressive.

7. Habs

Habs Member

Also, forgot to mention. Harden's got to quit looking for contact. Great perimeter scorers - and I mean truly great ones. Ones that can score in the last 4 minutes of an elimination playoff game - they finish plays. Kobe, Wade, Pierce, Parker - when they drive they finish, they don't flop.

8. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Lin only had 2 TOs the whole game, and only 1 in the 4th quarter/OT. It was crucial, but he didn't have 2 TOs during crunch time.

9. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Yea, I heard that too. Kobe said they had to prevent Jeremy from going to his right.

10. wincan459

wincan459 Member

From the box score, Lin played a bad game but so far it seems most of you are giving him a pass.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

what an idiot, earlier I said harden was a joke in the second half, but unlike you LOF's I don't use one player to propup another one. Most of you fake fans want to see harden fail to prove you're sadistic agenda.

12. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I actually saw a friend of mine sitting right next to the coaches in the opening game and saw him on TV several times sitting at the front row.

13. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Greg and Omar are no threats on offense. That was the big problem tonight. Howard and Gasol could sit in the paint on D all night. We couldn't get many transition opportunities in the 2nd half.

If you think this team should be a higher seed with this roster you lying to yourself.

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

Half of this thread is filled with LOFs making excuses for Lin. I'm freakin tired of it.

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yes he did. one was where Gasol forced him into a turnover and another one was in the 4th to.

16. yunac010

yunac010 Member

THIS. At the risk of going slightly OT, it infuriates me the way Casey treats Lowry. I try to watch a lot of Raptors games cause I'm a huge Lowry fan, only to see the ballhog John Lucas III play in crunch time cause he hit a couple of wide open 3s while doing nothing to set up his teammates. The duo of JLIII and Alan Anderson have got to be the most selfish duo in the NBA. They never met a shot they didn't like. And now Lowry is basically what Lin is at the beginning of the season. Hands off the ball to Gay or Derozan and then parks himself in the corner.

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Because Lin played bad, but Harden played worse and played longer.

18. VanityHalfBlack

It's a miracle how we ended up being the 8th seed.. From the looks of it, it felt like we played much worse.

19. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

I am not LOF:(
    :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I think that's a fair call.