1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2013.

1. timyeung

timyeung Member

Haters gotta hate no matter what . . .

2. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

We needed a backup SG. Anderson wasn't going to play 40 minutes.

3. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Seconded!

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I agree. The worst ones are the ones that look like they are just joking. Fact is Beverly is a bully and Jordan doesn't deserve that.

5. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Great look at Houston in different scenarios in the last four games. It’s easy to give praise when it’s a win and the opponent was falling apart, but still this game was the most well rounded and balanced on both ends...ball movement was awesome which led to shots by everyone, and defense was good. Houston’s bench came up big against a very good and deep Clippers bench. But most impressive to me was the Houston 4&5…both rebounded, played physical, and went to the block. And going to the paint didn’t even slow down Houston’s game. Also, on a back to back (even if it was at home), Lin actually did really well against Paul. He had 6 TOs, which came from being double teamed all night. But, one was on a bad DMo call for the ball, and one was off a full court pass on a teammate’s fast break. So not too bad really, and in the end didn’t matter.

Just a little scare there when the Clips pulled the 8-0 run in the 4th. Just for a second I thought McHale was going to let the bench keep playing. Good call brining Lin and Asik back in.

After a game like this against the Clips, and so close to the playoffs, I’m starting to change my mind on who Houston should play in the playoffs. Hehe :D

Play of the night: Asik stuffs Hollins dunk attempt!!

Harden needs to get rested and healed. Can’t risk further injury with the playoffs so close.

6. Champ06

Champ06 Member

This! Defense wins Championship!!!!

7. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Brilliant first half by Francisco Garcia. He prob sparked this win for us. Also great to see Greg smith start at the pf!

8. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

LOL you do get that I'm being sarcastic right? hahaha

9. SPBR

SPBR Member

Seems like the refs were intent on making sure the game didn't get out of hand where you have players kicking other players in the chest while they fell.

There were many calls today for little things but also a few missed calls. Just felt like we had a few more go our way. I'm not complaining.

10. instar

instar Member

To Mchale, I criticized his move last night. umm....I eat crow now.

11. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

more d-mo too please...dont know why we went away from smith this game

12. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

With the last two games being so hurrible, I didn't expect such a good game tonight. Time well worth spending.:cool:

13. conquistador#11

all this we don't need harden/ we don't need lin is crap. Let this grow with a year more of experience we will improve. And with so many possessions with our pace, we should be able to play democratic ball, along with harden isos.

I thought Gregory was great right off the gate. He set the tone. el don garcia was pretty spectacular off the bench too. Lin's d and applying pressure to the clippers d on offense was huge. Too many turnovers, not enough assists for my liking though, though demo and anderson didn't do him any favors.

14. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Lin's defensive energy was infectious tonight. He ran all over the court guarding CP3 and effectively helped on help defense. It wasn't a coincidence that the Clippers only scored 81 points tonight. Asik was very good on D too.

15. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Lin was doing his Beard impersonation ... hopefully he can hold up until James comes back. We should sit the Beard out the next 2 games to FULLY rest his bad foot.

16. rocketsmetalspd

Nice way to bounce back from last night's game against the Grizz. The team has been playing better D and it is coming at the right time of the season.

17. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Just came home, was surprised to see we blew the Clippers out and without Harden too. I was like :eek:

18. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

I also admit that I blasted McHale hard last night...still don't like him as a coach, but I shall eat crow as well...

19. Little General

I seriously like Anderson and Garcia.
    Too bad we can't play them both...
    Anderson's D is terrific and he has good ball handling
    Garcia's O is awesome and he has good ball movement

20. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

We still need harden, if he can play some defense work. And Iso ball is fine but ball movement is more important.