1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2009, 2010, 2011 NBA REDRAFT. Where should Harden, Lin & Parsons be picked?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Again, don't get me wrong, although i'm not a LOF, i am one of the biggest fans that's rooting for Lin to succeed in the NBA. But if you ask me now, i'd pick George, Wall, Cousins, Favors, or Monroe ahead of Lin. I would love for Jeremy to prove me wrong in the future of course. ;)

Harden & Lin = Best backcourt in the NBA for years to come baby!

2. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

There is no sarcasm in this post.

3. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Agreed. I was watching a Utah game the other (to see if they'd lose) and the dude is a beast. For one stretch they were just kept giving him the ball and letting him go to work. I dont know what Utah is thinking wasting his talent on the bench. Id love to have Enes Kanter.

4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Don't forget Smith and Beverly. They maybe lottery picks as well.

Dmo hasn't proved anything yet with his inconsistent play on both ends, and he still has older age and shorter arms than most great prospects. So he should stay out of lottery.

5. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Can we just all agree Morey is a genius? Don't forget Asik. Even though he probably still couldn't be a lottery pick but he should've been in the first round. It's not like Morey knew right away how these players would turn out right out of college. He did cut Lin. He's just a step quicker than other GMs seeing those guys' potential after they had real min in NBA games. Funny thing is bunch of our PFs this season were lottery or first round picks but 4 is our weakest position.

6. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

Sounds crazy after seeing him in November but right now there's about 5-6 PG in the league i would take ahead of Lin.

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

This! Vucevic is old school legit center, who can defend, score and rebound very well. I see bright future for this young kid and he can be the next Shaq...or atleast BigZ :cool:

#underrated #futurestar

8. ooox

ooox Member

I know this is a Rockets forum but come on. At least be a little subtle with your bias.

9. SexyButIgnorant

Please, Lin would obviously still go undrafted.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i remember someone really pushing for the rockets to draft paul george in 10'. id rep that guy if i remember who he was.

11. hltiki

hltiki Member

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Harden will move up 1 or 2 spots at best.

Lin and Parsons will be first rounders at worse, probably the late lottery range.

13. boiler

boiler Member

That Greivis Vasquez guy is very good. I would take him before Lin.

14. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Well since Harden was picked #3 overall, he literally can only move up 1 or 2 spots...at best.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Man, if he were our backup center instead of Greg Smith...

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Hence the reason I said he could only move up 1 or 2 spots at best.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

18. nebula955

nebula955 Member

Vucevic has been really good for my fantasy team.

19. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Larry Sanders over Lin?? LOL. Guy is a rebounder and shot blocker. That's it. He's already at his ceiling practically. Cousins over Lin? HA. Dude's a complete headcase. Will never reach his potential.

It's hilarious, after seeing Lin's star potential in front of your faces some of you are still oblivious. I guess it will take Lin averaging like 18/8 next year, making the all-star game legitimately in the future for people to really see the light.

20. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

He's nowhere near the athlete Lin is, and would fit in horribly with the Rockets system. With his recent improvement, Lin is also a better shooter at this point than Vasquez. Better defender. His ceiling is much higher also. Swapping Vasquez for Lin would be pure idiocy. Stay away from Rockets front office plz