1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ed Reed visits Texans facility

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ivenovember, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Just got a bad image of Wade fapping.

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Some of y'all are reading way too much into things.

A deal will get done.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Tough process free agency but know I know your qbs don't throw my way! I appreciate the supports and love the haters!<a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23knowyourworth">#knowyourworth</a></p>&mdash; Ed Reed (@TwentyER) <a href="https://twitter.com/TwentyER/status/312652583892291585">March 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#knowyourworth hashtag is a little concerning :)

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

wade phillips is like the guy in the subway commercial giving up his sandwich

5. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/adamschefter">adamschefter</a> I guess@TwentyER Mr. Reed was not fond of the jet?</p>&mdash; EvilBobMcNair (@EvilBobMcNair) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvilBobMcNair/status/312654732705542144">March 15, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ans-nfl-free-agency-baltimore-ravens/1991299/

Played. Ed Reed is a piece of **** for pulling this on Andre, and Rick Smith is a certified idiot for not seeing it today and making a "take it or leave it" offer.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Houston sports teams bending over backwards and getting screwed. First Royce White, now maybe Ed Reed? Damn we look beta as hell.

8. 713

713 Member

Did Adrian Wilson sign with anybody yet?

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am going guess he wanted X dollars and they said no. I don't think anyone is being played. NFL players should always be about the money because a team won't think a second about cutting you.

10. drewd17

drewd17 Member

New England

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Nail, meet head.

Folks, this is real. Ed Reed just walked out the door. And he's likely got an offer he can hand over to Baltimore to match/exceed. We have been played.

If Baltimore is going to fight for Reed, then that is bad news. I can't pretend to know what's going on in Reed's head, but perhaps, after spending his whole career in Baltimore (11 years), he wants to retire as a Ravens lifer legend in Baltimore (albeit with a little more cash in his pocket to boot).

I agree with MadMax, the #knowyourworth hashtag is extremely troubling. Now that the Texans have established Reed's worth, it's time to shop around. Still could certainly go our way, but the odds are dropping every hour.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Please. These guys make enough money to have their families set for five generations. That doesn't absolve them from basic human decency.

If Reed told his friend Andre to "get him to Houston" following he Super Bowl, he better be serious about it. If he accepts a ride on Bob McNair's private jet and meets with the team for two days, I have a hard time believing the two sides weren't on the same page from a contract parameters standpoint.

The only way Reed doesn't sign here is if he uses the offer he got in Houston to get the same offer somewhere else (Baltimore). In which case he was never serious about coming here. Obviously it's his right to negotiate in that manner if he chooses, but it's my right to think he's a piece of **** for doing so.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Didn't sign. Was said to be visiting.

14. Major

Major Member

The other possibility would be that the Texans front office maybe took Andre's info and thought it meant they could get Ed Reed at below market value, and thought that wining and dining him and treating him like a king would make that more likely.

Or, after the Texans made such a public play for him, Baltimore quietly made him a better offer, and the Texans aren't willing to match.

Or maybe they are on the same page and still need to work out some minor details.

There are plenty of possibilities here.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Freindzoned

He probably wanted to go to a strip club and McNair told The staff not to do that and take him to Church instead

#595 REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I give him every right to want to stay in Baltimore... just won a SB there, he's a legend there, its the only franchise he knows. If Baltimore wasn't going to take care of him because there was little demand for him, he's taken care of that. He also knows Baltimore can afford to pay him a little more now that they've let go of their other FA's and traded Bolden.

Reed and his agent are doing exactly what they should be doing... its the Texans that are accomodating them, and have full control not to do so if needed.

The Texans have multiple needs and shouldn't have gone all in on anybody... and who says they did? I don't see them being able to afford any of the other FA safeties that have signed already, and the only one they're likely okay with overpaying for is the 34 year old proven star vs somebody trying to get their first big payday.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The worst thing the Texans could of done was to overpay for a 35 year old safety. Holding the line at a salary slot is essential with a salary cap and two monster contracts like Cushing and Watt looming. I just hope they move quickly on a plan b, c and d.

18. Classic

Classic Member

Maybe the plan is to cut Schaub's bloated contract!

19. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol they could have done this over the phone, he didnt need to fly to houston, leading his good friend on in the process, to get a piece of paper with a number on it to hand to baltimore. smh. its possible he had/has interest in the texans but couldnt reach a deal he feels comfortable with.

but hey i guess its easier to always find the negative in things. he didnt sign, therefore he had to have been using us as leverage from the get go.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It would have been a two year contract. Maybe 2 years 12 million. That shouldn't be too big of a hit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.