1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Exxonmobil Operations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kdchilds, Mar 13, 2013.

1. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

Anyone work for Exxonmobil in operations? I took the test in Beaumont and passed.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what kind of test did you pass

3. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

It was a mechanical aptitude, math, and reading comprehension test for pre-employment

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i took a test like that 13 years ago to work at a plant. i was working in a lending training program fresh out of college. i thought i was the beesnees and was going to pass that test easily, i had just gotten my finance degree. long story short is wasn an humbling experience.

5. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

Oh ok cool! The test wasn't really hard just a little nerve racking.

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

If you get on there it's an excellent place to work, for operators. You'll get an exceptional salary and benefits package.

7. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

I actually work out there now in Baytown for a contractor.

8. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

Good luck.. I work in large refinery across the water and up the Channel a bit. Hope you get on, it's life changing..

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Best of luck to you. ALOT of people take that test. A good amount of them pass it. A small few of those get interviews, and a couple of them eventually get the job. It'll really help if you know someone and have a P-Tech degree.

Which contractor do you work for? I'm pretty familiar with Exxon Baytown because they're one of our customers. I'd bet that they take a closer look at employees from thier embedded contractors that are apart of their operations like Savage, SGS, and maybe even Rescar over maintenance contractors.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i know someone with that degree i believe from uofh and he has been working at a refinery for over 25 years. set for freakin life

my mom's first cousin (85) was one of the first black men to get a job as an operator. just an interesting tidbit

1 person likes this.
  11. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

Thanks man I sent you the name of the company to your email.

12. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

P-Tech is an Associates Degree.. Also I'm pretty sure Austin is the main contractor in ExxonMobil Baytown

13. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

1 person likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

My uncle has been an operator at plant down in the La Porte area for 30 years -- dude makes a ridiculous amount of money.

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I don't think they are, at least not on the refinery side. I could be wrong though.