1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. muas2010

muas2010 Member

The answer is simple....he doesn't trust or believe in Lin. I hate to say it but he saw a close game moving the other direction, panic, and put all his card on the "brother".

2. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

Howard Chen ‏@ho_chenCSN
    McHale on why Lin didn't see crunch time minutes: "I thought that Patrick (Beverley) was doing well."

Howard Chen ‏@ho_chenCSN
    McHale on why Asik didn't see crunch time minutes: "I thought Thomas (Robinson) was giving us pretty good energy."

This loss falls squarely on the shoulder of Coach McHale.

I've rationalized his strategy up to this point but to undermine two starters in Lin (12 pts/3asts) and Asik (12pts/15rbs) for backup PBev (0pts/7asts) and TRob (8pts/4rbs) by not playing them in crunch time in the middle of a playoff race, Coach McHale shows he does not have what it takes to win playoff games.

If he won this game, he will sub TRob and Bev for the starters in the playoff games based on "energy"? How about production, Coach?

I am speechless.

1 person likes this.
  3. grauser01

grauser01 Member

At least let Lin plays the final minute so the Rockets have one more offensive option!

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

If Asik & Lin don't play more minutes than they are now in the play offs I will be angry. Usually in the playoffs is when you play the guys you trust. Those guys get maximum minutes. We shall see.

5. 34to11

34to11 Member

Sometimes you make the right decisions and still lose.
    Sometimes you make the wrong call and still luck up and win.
    It happens.
    The bottom line is the Rockets put themselves in a position to win a tough game on the road. That's what every team in the league aims for, and if you do it consistently enough you'll win your fair share.

But I know what you're REALLY upset about.
    Let it go.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Could have used Patterson.

7. MonKing

MonKing Member

Always feel like I'm watching a nature program when one of these posts happen. "Suddenly the lion spots an injured gazelle..."

8. visible

visible Member

you seem not watching game.

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

that's exactly the point....the other poster acts like the other 4 player see beverely in and all of a sudden it motivates them to be lockdown defenders.

Of course you're in the game in the 4th, but what kind of coach are you if you'll only bring back 2 starters if you're trailing by a lot??

Beverely can win you a game on defense and hustle...he's not winning you a game by dropping in buckets. Today Harden's shooting was off, James/Collison weren't lighting it up, you need Lin/ASik in for offense.

Bottom line as others have said...McHale feels like Lin holds Harden back, which is foolish. THe sum of the parts need to be greater than the whole. AS far as why ASik never got in, who the F knows.

10. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

They really need to start experimenting on what they have in Robinson. We started playing this run and gun three point game partly because we didn't have anyone to go to inside, but now we have 2 guys.

It's just depressing to watch us in the half-court, and that is where we'll be in crunch time during the playoffs, better to figure it out now.

11. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Bogus.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/309529644674207744">March 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Bogus.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/309529644674207744" data-datetime="2013-03-06T23:03:12+00:00">March 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. 34to11

34to11 Member

Ummm....FNY.

14. TTNN

TTNN Member

my take for this Lin on bench thing is not due to Bev played better, it is purely due to the coach want the offense go through Harden. So it really does not matter who is on court, it is more important Lin is not on court. It happens with TD, and it happens with Bev. It has nothing to do with whether Lin played good or not, and it has nothing to do with whether Bev played good or not. Play offense through Harden is coach's goal, and put Lin on bench is the way to reach that goal.

I wouldn't say McHale hates Lin, but for sure McHale loves Harden, and McHale believes offense go through Harden should work/have to work. McHale'd rather put the game on the line, and test out that strategy. It worked some, and failed some. Is that a way to grow our super star? I don't know. Could someone tell me?

15. nono

nono Member

Haha.:grin:

Funny how we could have used his defense now. Traded second best defensive player for peanuts.

16. OpportunityCost

Exactly. Also sometimes it does work when everyone is really hot. But how about when they will inevitably cool down. How about running some half-court sets to try and re-ingnite the offense. But no, it's continue what you just described :(. "More energy guys, you have to play with more energy" Lol.

1 person likes this.
  17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Not too concerned. Jazz playing like **** so we'll get in the playoffs one way or another

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

Do you have stats on this?

19. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

I agree, but it appeared there was a chance we'd win with the group...until the end, at which point Jeremy and Omer would have gone in cold. Sigh... I'm so disappointed. The silver lining is evidence that we HAVE a bench!

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

This exactly. We will make the playoffs. Utah will fall out of it.