1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Jeremy Lin

GP FG% 3FG% FT% AST TO STL PTS
    26 54.2% 60.0% 78.9% 5 3 4 44

James Harden

GP FG% 3FG% FT% AST TO STL PTS
    31 43.1% 29.4% 85.7% 12 11 4 98

Carlos Delfino

GP FG% 3FG% FT% AST To STL PTS
    24 38.9% 33.3% 100% 4 1 1 21

Patrick Beverly

GP FG% 3FG% FT% AST To STL PTS
    6 33.3% 50.0% / 1 1 0 6

I know you think Beverley is better. Because that what Mchale
    had one his head too.
    --

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah he was cherry picking us all night. Hope other teams don't catch on.

3. 34to11

34to11 Member

I can only hope you didn't actually watch the game so your comments can be passed off as based on ignorance.
    If you DID watch the game you only serve to reinforce the image of the clueless "LOF".

1 person likes this.
  4. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Are you people really that dense? Yes bev and tr did a good job for much of the 4th but in a game that was lost you cannot say it was the right scissor to just leave them in. Backups give you a spark of energy... They are not meant to carry the team for a quarter and a half. Especially not on a night when your starters WERE playing well.

5. larry cook

larry cook Member

Beverly can't guard everyone my friend, he did his job 2nite. Its not a lin vs beverly thing, we were in the game the whole 4th and yes they up roared when he came in during the 3rd. LoFs will make it about lin as they sual do but where the real problem stems is from the coach. His playbook is all sorts of wacky. Iso Iso Iso Iso Iso Iso Iso:eek: even when dmo or trob rolls they hardly deliver them the ball... Too much looking to shoot threes all night:mad:

6. grauser01

grauser01 Member

Thanks, dude.

Our "I do not like rookies" couch McHale trusts rookies more than Asik and Lin. :cool:

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

I'm tired of seeing Beverly carry this team defensively. Thats exactly what he did with Asik out. Lin's defense is solid but he's not good enough to carry the team defensively. The rest of the team needs to step up. I felt sorry seeing Beverly pick up the load for his teammates who can't play D. If we are relying on Beverly to carry this team defensively then we are in trouble.

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

But the rockets were getting rebounds and the mavs were mostly scoring from the perimeter. Paint was defended pretty well. Think it would have been a better option to have Lin in around the time of harden iso. Wasn't really working out well with Marion all over him. Lin/harden pick and roll would free one of them or parsons/Delfino for a better shot.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

No... you don't. Bye.

2 people like this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What's our most effective lineup in crunch time this season?

11. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Harden is hardly Kobe. Their playing styles are totally different. Kobe basically is a championship level closer. Harden is not there yet.

I am no Kobe fan, but your inference to let Harden take over like Kobe makes no sense, especially when bad rotations led to the point where they were relegated to putting him in that spot. This isn't the first time this has happened.

12. New

I agree. Mchale has not yet shown that he can work with a superstar. It is not easy for a coach not to leave everything to the superstars.

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

that's just silly....Bev was invisible the last 5-6 minute outside of the bonehead foul. If Lin played like that he'd be considered passive. No excuse for Asik not to be in either. THat's like the Knicks saying "hey, marcus camby gave us some great energy, sure tyson chandler has 15 boards in 24 min, but let's sit him." if McHale pulled this stuff in NY he'd be roasted.

14. alethios

alethios Member

I hope we don't back into the playoffs. I don't want us to get raped in the 1st round, but I have a feeling Stern would love to see us bounced out of the 1st round and his beloved Lakers to advance, and not if they make it to the playoffs, but when (if he has anything to do about it).

WTF was with that 4th quarter?

15. Exel

Exel Member

I wouldn't say going 3/8 for 8 points lighting someone up. Because Lin was 5/10 for 12 points. So in your eyes he was torching James, right?

16. deedee82

deedee82 Member

I wonder if he was given the insructions to simply pass and not take a shot. Weird as it seems, the number of shots he attempted was low by his average game standards.

17. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

This.

18. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

You are the idiot. We all saw the game. Did you? Do you actually care the team lost? Questionable decisions and a loss means the decisions made were not effective.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

LOLOLOLOL FTW:grin:

1 person likes this.
  20. roxxy

roxxy Member

This sin't how the NBA works. It is a hierarchy. You have your starters & your bench guys. if it was about rewarding guys you wouln't have starters & bench guys, everybody would be equal. NBA isn't like that.

Omer should have been out there. he put Asik in foul trouble & the rockets were slugging it out in the half court & Omer is the Rockets best 1/2 court defender.

Lin should have been there, Beverly is WAY to foul prone defensively & our offense really bogged down when Lin wasn't out there.

Rockets are fighting for the playoffs if you are going to reward people, reward the players that have been with you the longest, haven't missed any games & are part of the reason why you were successful. That isn't Robbinson & bev.

McHale also always does this go small to match the opposing team. But for once I would like him to force the opponent to adjust to him as opposed to he adjust to the opponent.