1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

There was no reason to take the whole shot clock when you are down by 2 with 26 seconds left. When you are behind you drag the game get a quick shot.

It's things like this that makes me angry in regards to the coaching. Fine he decided that Bev and Robinson gave us a better shot to win the game, that's a judgement call even if people don't agree, It might have / might not have worked.

But taking the whole shot clock when you are down by 2 is just a fundamental mistake, No nba coach / any coach should be making that mistake, It's just dumb.

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Lin would actually not defer to Harden. McHale not happy with that for sure. Beverley listens, play him.

3. 34to11

34to11 Member

+1

Excellent assessment.
    Tough loss to a great game. It was great to see the Rockets make a game of it after being generally outplayed for much of the game. Beverley and T. Rob were impressive down the stretch.

4. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

LOL

Shoots better because of Lin and Harden, no doubt. Let's see Beverely try to create a shot, then we'll talk.

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

nah we cant be talking about lucky 3's....then you can only ague the only reason the Rockets were even in it is cause they hit a few lucky 3's to start the 4th

6. ChandlerBANG

ChandlerBANG Member

A part of me wonders if McHale hopes to eventually start Beverley over Lin. Winning this game with Beverley in the 4th quarter would've been one step closer to that.

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

The happies coach was sitting on the other end...seeing Lin and Asik on the floor for the whole fouth! Here goes the losing streak....

8. OpportunityCost

I think Bev did great and his defense was awesome. I was okay with Lin sitting. I'm more annoyed with McHale's complete reliance on the player's one-on-one skills and staying with ISO ball and not using plays to help facilitate scoring. Just putting all of the burden on the players one-on-one skills. Players like Garcia and Delfino are trying to beat defenders off of the dribble. That's ridiculous! They should be coming off of screens as their strengths are shooting the ball, not being Kobe.

9. Danpan

Danpan Member

A coach always ask for a player to be consistent. But isn't a coach job to build or provide a player some consistency too? I guess he's building consistency of losing in the 4th.

10. lostfan815

lostfan815 Member

Lol, I think also we need to stop allowing over 100 points EVERY SINGLE GAME! It will cure soooo many problems and less posts of people being angry

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Ok asik I kind of understand bcuz Dallas was playing small but Lin come on coach you should of put him back in when you did harden Beverly did great bringing us back along with the rest of the bench but lins ability to attack and finish around the rim would of been huge plus no pg on Dallas roster can hold him Lin can get to the rim at will against those guys

12. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

Was Mchale high or something?he looked like he was totally fckd up!

13. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I think he was talking about the officiating.

14. jocar

jocar Member

YOF's were older, respectful basketball fans, not hormonally challenged fanboys like this guy...

15. Redmark

Redmark Member

One thing to be thankful for: Utah's coach is like the anti-McHale and won't play guys like Favors, Kanter and Hayward, stubbornly going with starters. Proceeds to lose games. So it could be worse I guess?

16. zdrav

zdrav Member

Great for Bev. But your bench is for keeping the game close so that your starters can finish off the game.

17. SPBR

SPBR Member

Mavs seem to have found our weakness. Worrisome trend from this game is that the Mavs (primarily Marion today) ran out as soon as we shot a 3. After our miss they'd pass the ball down court and convert the easy 2.

If we shoot the 3 and miss, we better be ready to run back or fight hard for the offensive rebound. More than anything else, this play killed us. Their shots were falling at the end, but we spoon fed them points with our missed 3's and lack of defense after.

18. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

The officiating. On his 3.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

Mike James was lighting up against Lin then again Lin's been hitting his 3s which they needed tonight.

The only thing different in the 4th I would have liked to see is the Rockets go even smaller with Bev, AB, and Harden out there. Maybe the rhythm of that lineup could have thrown the Matrix off?

20. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Dude even if you're gonna run an isolation, in a clutch situation, you always put offensive threats on the floor. Lin is the only guy other than Harden that can draw a double. If you're gonna have Harden playmake or create his own shot, Lin being on the floor makes it easier for him to do one or the other

Bev is well rounded and can create but no team in the NBA respects his shot, especially not in a clutch situation