1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's actually Jeremy Lin's trade value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Mar 2, 2013.

1. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I'm actually seeing Lin back in Knicks uniform in 3 years 2015-2016 season. Assuming a solid growth he be a nice piece to a rebuidling Knicks.:eek:

2. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Yeah I agree with, thats not who he is (although in time I think he will develop a consistent jumper). But take a look at last game, granted Harden was sorta hurt, but Lin did his thing and attacked all game. I think the more he plays like last game, aggressive but not reckless, McHale will trust him more and let him play his game. McHale was really really impressed with his performance against Dallas you could tell.

3. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Idk, I think if Morey gave his honest opinion he'd say he's pleased with how Lin is progressing. I don't think he's in any rush to get rid of him, he sees his potential. 8.3 mil, even next season Lin could outperform that. You could argue he's already earning it. The more he plays within the flow, not reckless but aggressive, McHale will let him play. He can develop here. I really think Morey wants to give Lin and Harden a chance to grow together. They have a chance to be a hell of a backcourt. The system can adapt to Lin has he continues to improve and mature. He's an explosive, quick player with good court vision. Tools are there, just needs to gain consistency.

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Haha same reaction

5. Postcall

Postcall Member

So much fail in this post:p

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Dude.....

7. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

LOL this dude is the biggest idiot on these forums.

1 person likes this.
  8. thisiscaketown

He gets paid 5/5/15. His cap hit for the Rockets is 8.3/8.3/8.3, while his cap hit if he had remained on the Knicks would have been 5/5/15.

9. Postcall

Postcall Member

check out my new sig

1 person likes this.
  10. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

lol nice sig ;)

11. Exel

Exel Member

Sesame Street is an awesome show. You didn't watch it growing up?

1 person likes this.
  12. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

No way he's traded.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Make him part of the sign and trade that brings Dwight to HTown instead of Parsons.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You have Rondo on the wrong list.

15. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You guys are all tripping. Yes, the haters who think Lin sucks are annoying but they're probably just trolling on purpose or don't watch Rockets basketball. Lin is doing fine and he can be great next to Harden. He's already shown flashes of it. What is this he's not compatible with harden crap. Is that why our offense is so freakin awesome? That's all that matters, forget all the hater noise. The job of the point guard is to make the offense flow and our offense is flowing, it doesnt matter what Lin gets statswise. Would it help more if Lin looked to score 18 a game. Yes, maybe, but he'll get there. Lin will improve and prove doubters wrong, meanwhile please stop asking Lin to be traded as an unselfish superstar like Harden is a dream come true for any team and for Lin. I would rather have Lin average 15-7 and have a winning team than Lin with 20-8 and be on a losing team with Lin as the best player. Just stop it.

#195 raskol, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  16. New

Why are you replying to me!? I never bashed a Rocket player. So what is your point?

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Linn stays, I like to watch him, so do many others, he will get better and better. Linsanity is not over, it is on "pause."

18. wapz

wapz Member

roflsss

19. zhaizor

zhaizor Member

lin is pretty good... and getting better.

20. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

OP totally ignored the third option, which is to free up the cap space and roll the dice on free agents. It's funny how people think that the only way to win a trade is to get a worthy asset back, when having cap space and the ability to absorbs contract(s) and get pick(s) back can be as valuable due to the new CBA. If someone offer to take Lin's contract without you throwing a pick in the package, you should count your blessings, for real. The split will ultimately be beneficial to both sides. The Rockets can use the cap space to either get assets, or can spend it on someone who has a skill set that can fit with Harden. Lin, on the other hand, can move on to a team where he can truly be tested to see if the hype is warranted.. Oh, and the fans win, too.

I'm confident Morey will fully explore this option in the offseason.