1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. cw3k

cw3k Member

Oh Please.... If TD were here, TD will play more minutes than Lin.

This is like one of the few games that Lin actually play most of the first. Most of the time, he was taking out at 6 minutes, then would not come back until 9 or 8 minutes at the 2nd. Basically he played 6 minutes, then sit for 10 minutes. I don't know which starter in the league get this kind of treatment every game.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I do enjoy checking into this thread every once in a while to see the ridiculous complaints towards McHale. I'm not his biggest supporter, but you don't have to be to realize that most of these complaints are nonsense.

Keep it up, guys. I enjoy the occasional laugh.

3. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Well said. I've hoped all season that McHale would change after Lin had a great game but he's reverted every time to minimizing his playing time. Jeremy was shooting 48% 3 pointers for Feb, had around a 3.6 assist/turnover ratio, averaged 15 points, etc, etc. and his playing time was actually REDUCED to 31 min. per game (from 33). I had actually given up hope that McHale would ever change but here's hoping....

4. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

That's a silly argument as well since TD was part of the trade meaning looks like there was a valid reason for him having substantial PT... showcasing :p

5. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Anyone else sick of McHale super small ball?

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Of course Mchale is criticized after yet another win...

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

This thread makes it so clear who simply has an agenda. When you're criticizing a coach after he goes 2-0 against last year's finalist and 4th seed in the East on the road, you're obviously not a Rockets fan nor care about the Rockets. Whether you just care about Jeremy Lin's stat line or feed on negativity or something else, it's obviously not a fan of the team.

8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Sick of all the complaining.

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I thought McHale did well tonight. Didn't get pissed at his rotation choices. Good job Coach.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

This was yet another masterful job of coaching by McHale. Almost felt like an entirely new team out there with so many new players added to the rotation. Just an amazing job by McHale.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We are playing better with shorter players but they play way bigger than Morris and Patterson. Delfino got a rebound Evans.

Morey traded out those 2 biggest choke players. He made it fool proof.

12. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I would rep for this if I could.

13. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Yeah I totally have an agenda because I was talking about his super small-ball line-ups which has nothing at all to do with Jeremy Lin. There are some bad LOFs and then there are the reactionary posters who add fuel to the fire by being LOHs.

This has got nothing to do with Lin, it's got to do with us getting outrebounded because we have Carlos Delfino playing extensive minutes at 4 and Parsons as well.

We've won two games, I give him credit for that, but D-Mo was absolutely balling tonight and got sat cold. When he came back in again he was getting bullied in the paint and I credit McHale for identifying that and sitting him straight away for Greg Smith, but I'd like to see our ACTUAL PFs playing some time at the PF position, not our swingman back-up.

14. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

hahahhahahahaaa

[​IMG]

15. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

It's hard to complain when you're winning.

16. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Why? I don't care if they played 5 guards as long as we get the win.

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

My only problem with Mchale is rotation. I just don't get it why he goes so small sometimes when you need a big to grab the rebounds. The good thing we have D-mo playing minutes now. With his size he can grab those rebound easily, and not forget Robinson and Terence Jones. Other problem I have with him is he gets Harden having the ball all the time. Jeremy Lin needs the ball, he is the one who should be calling the plays and set Harden up because he is a better shooter. Those two things are my problem.

18. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

I don't like the idea of Harden and Parsons playing 40+ minutes a night and our team having to work like dogs for boards. I don't believe it's sustainable.

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

it's like this

brook lopez is a ****ty rebounder

so why do we need more than 1 decent rebounder on the court?

pls answr

20. jogo

jogo Member

I'm really sick of this winning s#$t! Please don't play small ball so we can start losing again. McHale obviously doesn't know what he's doing.