1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson; Morris traded to Phoenix; Patterson, Douglas, Aldrich to Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 20, 2013.

?

Do you like the Thomas Robinson-Patrick Patterson trade?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It's pretty funny how badly we wanted their #5 pick to either trade for Dwight or draft Andre Drummond. Charlotte drafted MKG, which prompted Sac to keep their pick for their guy, Thomas Robinson. Now we get him for scraps. Hope he pans out.

2. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

What a great night to be a Rockets fan. Harden throws up 46 on OKC for the W and Morey swings a swap for last year's #5 pick. Once we get Dwight, there's about to be a problem in Houston.

1 person likes this.
  3. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

He is definitely athletic enough to be as good as Antonio McDyess.
    ...and Antonio McDyess had crazy hops (40 inch vertical) before his knees gave out.

Based on his mentality, aggressiveness and work ethic, I think there is a very realistic possibility that he will be better than Antonio McDyess.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

You talking about Dwight being the problem?:grin:

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

if morey struck gold..

oh man I'd love for robinson to be the mean mothatruckin power forward that a real basketball TEAM needs

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Follow into the footsteps of great Robinsons

David Robinson
    Glenn Robinson

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think we will still trade Terrence Jones as well.

I'm still curious whom we will pick up to round out the roster.

Don't want Honeycutt, might as well cut(t) him now, honey.

8. kastuul

kastuul Member

Life is not fair.
    Rockets have to keep R.White b/c he has no trade value.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yeah, I wish we could trade him...maybe if we give the Kings $ 3 million in cash with him and get nothing back at all?

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I'll be on my flight to ATL when trade deadline passes. Hearing there's a chance the Kings could make another deal. We shall see.</p>&mdash; JasonJones (@mr_jasonjones) <a href="https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/304440120302526467">February 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I think that's not a bad idea. If we need the cap space to sign someone during the off-season just offer any team $3 million to take him. He has to get his trade value up in the D League at least.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I have no problems with the trade,but I would advise people to cool out on this need part of this team. This team is a long way from becoming any kind of threat. They have 1 all star and the rest are just guys. Now that shouldn't be taken out of context in terms of team building. I'm not trading for a guy banking on lin or chandler getting him offense.The only guy who really can defy defensive adjustments is harden and even then we've seen him really struggle also. So thomas is here just lik hill,thabeet,flynn as look-see type of flyers. Personally,I think jones and do-nuts have more upside. At least now we should get a chance to see who emerges out of the fray.

13. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

any more predictions??

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He reverse-jinxed us :).

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think it is unfair to compare him to Flynn, Thabeet, or Hill.

Two of those guys had chances. Thabeet was in the NBA for a while before the Rockets got him. Flynn was a starter his rookie year, had plenty of minutes. Hill just wasn't really the prospect that any of the guys just named are.

Either way, not that the Rockets are banking on Lin or Harden creating his offense, just that they can and they are willing passers that if he does get minutes they will.

He's not a lost cause offensively but I think he's a guy that can thrive off of the great passing that Lin and Harden provide.

16. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

Robinson is a nice piece but has a way to go to become even a relevant player in the NBA. As of now, the Rockets are committing to Motiejunas (barring another trade tomorrow for an established PF) and I expect Robinson to come off the bench unless he has some beastly games. He's a Rocket now, and I"m rooting for him to become the best player he can be, but it's important to temper expectations and just see what happens here.

The way it looks to me, this move is about two things - clearing up the PF logjam to get a real look at what Motiejunas can offer the team (and Jones if he remains on the roster past tomorrow), and to clear some more cap space for the summer to make a real run at D12 (!!). Getting to take a look at a high lotto pick rookie is a really nice consolation prize, though, and for that Morey should be lauded once again.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Robinson reaction video to being traded?

18. ejarts

ejarts Member

READ THIS LINK EVERYONE.
    Made me an instant fan of Thomas Robinson...
    Now I wish he stays with the Rockets. TRob has a lot to play for. His energy and will to play will be greater than anyones. This guy can be a great super star.

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Boy, for a team that was constantly mentioned to stand pat and not be as active in this trade deadline, Morey was actually the only one who dropped a trade bomb last night. :grin:

Looking forward to see how this deadline ends today. I still predict a minor trade happening. Probably shipping newly acquired Honeycutt to Chicago for Rip Hamilton's contract and future pick/picks.

One thing we all know about DM though, its really tough to predict what he's gonna do next.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If you think about it though if you are about to rob a top 5 pick from a team, you want absolutely no one to know about it. You don't even tell your head coach lol.

There is always the fear that some other team will jump in just hearing whispers that a player is going to be shopped and offer something better.

Although, these deals with the Kings seem to always be quiet.

I'm going to miss Petrie, for real. Hope he gets a GM job elsewhere.