1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Feb 20, 2013.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Say what you want about his on court play, but the dude worked hard and never complained.

Can't ask for more than that.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hard worker who paid his dues in the D-League and turned into a pretty decent role player.

Really happy to see him end up with his brother. I'm a Jayhawk fan and they were crazy close.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wish him the best.

4. DreamRoxCoogFan

dont know the appropriate thread to post this in, but I guess I'll go here. Does this mean that marcus is what he is now? We straight up traded a lottery pick for a second round pick. In that sense, he "devalued" it over his time in the NBA

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I wouldnt be surprised if Morey did this, in part, as a favor to Marcus. I find it hard to believe that Morris isnt worth at least a late first. Hes not done improving and his only issue is his fluctuating confidence level. I think Morey figured he could stand to lose some value after doing really well on the kings trade, since he also had jones and dmo as back ups, and robinson needs a lot of minutes to develop.

6. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I'm gonna miss him. I'm pretty sure he's gonna miss hanging out with Harden and Smith.

7. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

He sucks as he has no basketball IQ. I just hope that TR can overcome the Jayhawk Bill Self curse.

8. DMaster

DMaster Member

This is probably better for Marcus. I'm actually going to start monitor the suns now that they have the twins. Great for both of the brothers.

9. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

wish him best luck.

10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Damn, so glad that Morey got rid of both mediocre PF prospects in one trade.

Donuts can now start.

11. cml750

cml750 Member

I don't really understand why "appreciation" threads are always started when a player is traded / cut. It's not like he was a Houston icon like Hakeem or anything. I guess I appreciate that he was at least worth a 2nd rounder :grin:. Sad a lottery pick only nets a 2nd rounder but MM just wasn't that good. I do wish him well playing with his brother.

12. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I think there is something more strategic to this deal than just dumping Morris for a 2nd rounder. A few things to consider:

- The suns have cap space
    - The Rockets did not play Jones tonight, even though they were short handed, this along with reports Rockets have been shopping him for a pick
    - Reports indicate the Kings trade may be a set up for a subsequent deal for a larger contract player

My take is the Rockets may be giving Morris away in return for being able to use some of the Suns' cap space in a deal for someone like Josh Smith. Jones will probably be dealt for a 1st rounder, and you will see a trade exception from the Morris deal, the Kings expiring contracts and Thomas Robinson moved for Smith or someone with a similar sized contract.

13. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

He'll have a better career in Phoenix with his twin. Never was gonna amount to much here in H-town

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I was pretty high on Morris. He has an inside game and a outside game. He just needs to put it together.

15. SwellyExpress

SwellyExpress Member

Happy for the guy.. he seems pretty excited to play with his brother.

16. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Agreed. He was inconsistent but he has also hit big shots for us.

17. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Kings and phoenix trying to be the rockets by taking their scraps. Lol

18. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

One year in the D-League and a capable rotation player this year as a power forward. It takes three years, and he has done fine.

19. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Wish him nothing but the best.

I still think Marcus was the better of the twins

20. art

art Member

wish the kid the best
    a total professional