1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schaub the ELITE

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Oct 1, 2012.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's BOTH, dude. That's not the type of offense. Why not send them an email or a written letter asking which one it is? You'll get your mystery solved! :grin:

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Welcome back

Also DonnyMost says Schuab has several OPTIONS when he comes to the line
    so it is . .. like an audible ..

Rocket River

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. likestohypeguy

Using "elite" to describe qb's is kind of becoming a faux pas. Cowherd has explicitly banned it on his show, & this morning some national guys (~6am on 1560?) equated it's usefulness to "shiny".

"Now Joe Flacco has won a superbowl, but can we consider him shiny?"

"No question, Joe Flacco is definitely a shiny quarterback."

!!!!

Oh boy do you have your work cut out for you in the GARM!

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Welcome back! Got all your reputation back too! Good to have you on board again. You have been missed.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

- Denver ended the season with a 11-win streak, and lost in the first game.
    - Cincinnati won 7 of the last 8 games, and lost in the first game
    - New England won 9 of the last 10, and didnt reach the superbowl.

- Baltimore lost 4 of the last 5 and won the superbowl.

Yeah all the texans needs to do finish the season on fire.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This needs to be clarified. Analytical Ravens fans felt great going into the playoffs. They were finally healthy on D and the O-line made major moves so Oher could stop screwing up the left side. You can be apart of the pro vs anti Schaub thing all you want, but don't make up fake crap about other teams to back your argument.

8. msn

msn Member

no, you brought out the tired, immature "you can't face facts and come to your senses but I can" nonsense. you WILL get called out for that bull****. every. time.

but evidently, yours is the only one in touch with reality? gotcha.

I'm sorry that you think others don't also have the same expectation. What is it with people who assume the worst of others with different viewpoints? Yeah, that's it. Because I recognize that until 6 games ago Schaub was an outstanding QB, it means my only expectation is to make the playoffs. A SB isn't important to me at all. Only to "enlightened" people who can "come to their senses" and "face facts".

Dude, it's called ad hominem. Look it up.

I absolutely love what other unenlightened folks like myself have done with this argument. Hope you enjoyed it, too.

No, you provided *opinions*. You will do well to learn the difference between the two.

I will respect your opinion, but not any ridiculous condescending and assuming that others who see differently don't care about winning championships or are somehow unable to assess facts or come to reality. Think before you type stupid **** like that. That is what I meant when I told you to grow up. Now, grow up.

9. msn

msn Member

I would assume that the two viewpoints here are entirely compatible. "Analytical Ravens fans" and "the vast majority of Ravens fans" are most likely two different groups entirely, if the Ravens fan demographic is like that of most other fan groups. Like, 80% reactionary and shallow, and 20% analytical. Or maybe 90/10. :grin:

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeah, seems like they were fired up...

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

So we've got what, 6 months to go with this offseason?

Let me propose that:
    There's no point in urinating all over one another because of Schaub opinions dating back several months.

There's no point in constant posts regarding Schaub's "unelitness" since he's going to be here unless he suffers a serious injury or Kubiak quits or Smith somehow drafts the QB steal of the draft (and even then, Schaub will probably have to get hurt to open the door).

Seriously. I get, you get, we all get that the state of the Texans' QB is disturbing at the moment. Maybe Schaub quietly suffered an undisclosed injury during the back to back OT shootouts. Maybe he turned in to a PTSD basketcase during the MNF rape. But it is what it is, and nasty back and forth bickering is pointless.

Some of you need to let personal stuff go. There's always going to be posters that rile you up because they won't let arguments go and are determined to have the last word. Quit taking the damn bait. Put them on ignore. GROW UP.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you serious beating that drum again?

If you're argument is that Kubes doesn't give complete and total freedom to the QB to call any play, then that's a decent discussion.

If you're saying that audibles just aren't allowed ...well then you're delusional.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I wouldnt say that audibles arent allowed...

But we rarely audible. And if we do, it seems like its a predetermined play, not a play that stems from Schaub reading the defense.

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Articles after getting blasted by Denver at home. Can you just stop lying and pretending to be in the know about the Ravens? There's enough people on your side and against you in the Schaub debate so I'm not trying to jump in on that, but can you just take my word as a former Marylander who follows the Ravens and knows their fan base and understand that going into the Broncos game, most analytical fans saw it as a coin toss?

None of your links (mostly from major outlets) disprove that point. None of them. I don't even know why I'm belaboring a tangent argument, but if you are so stubborn as to this side argument position, when I'm 99% you do not follow the Ravens anywhere close to how I follow the Ravens, then it makes your logical abilities seem questionable to me in any other argument.

This is what analytical Ravens fans were saying going into the Broncos games:
    • While Manning was 8-1 vs the Ravens going into that game, mostly it was from stingy cover 2 D in Indy that Kyle Bohler could just never figure out.
    • Even though the Ravens sucked vs Denver in the regular season, the game was completely w/in reach until Flacco threw a terrible pick 6.
    • Manning had performed poorly in cold weather games.
    • Yanda, the pro bowl G didn't play in the regular season game.
    • Starting LT McKinnie was healthy for the playoffs after missing the entire regular season.

I bet on the Ravens to cover and to win (see betting thread). NFL Today on Showtime (rerunning this week) on their Superbowl recap show talked about the great performance by the Ravens' o-line giving Flacco and his receivers an opportunity to shine. I did not bet on the Texans to cover. I consider myself to be somewhat analytical, since I do put money at stake and try to keep my emotions out of it. The proof is in the results, but just believe me when I say the evidence was there for the Ravens to be successful before the playoffs started. Pointing to non-analytical articles written after regular season blowout losses is not evidence.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

You are right, but it's more like 90% drunk and senseless ghetto trash who can't speak comprehensible English.

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

pffftttt AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This anti-Schaub masturbation fest is getting pretty funny.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's quite a confusing take.

By definition they do audible. However, it does seem to be on a limited basis. It's been said over and over again that they do have certain check to plays that Schaub will call based on what he sees from the defense.

So if you want to argue that there isn't enough audible freedom then I can see that point and that's up for a reasonable debate (in another thread). However, simply saying they don't audible is just wrong.

18. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH quite passionate. Ok let me bring it down a notch cause it seems like you may be having a stroke pretty soon. So what is your opinion of Matt Schaub? Cause all i've seen from you, is before last six games he was doing fine and was comparable if not better than flacco. So tell me what are you fighting or arguing for? We shouldn't judge him based of the last six games? He still has time to get better? He will recuperate? Just let me know what you think? OH AND RELAX, WOOOOOOOZAAAAAAAA...... ;)

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You’ve lost me. And… you’re kind of being a dick, frankly. I'm neither lying (and it’s the second time you’ve accused me of doing so; I’m starting to wonder if you even know what the word means) nor claiming to be in the know about the Ravens. I'm citing articles that: detailed Raven fans booing Joe Flacco; openly discussed possible replacements for him in 2013; message threads featuring Raven fans sounding an awful lot like many of the negative, anti-Schaub posters in here - all dated within the past two months. If you think this is a poor representation of how the majority of Raven fans felt, please cite sources...

And here’s the thing, Kim - even if there is a large contingent of enlightened “analytical” Raven fans, it doesn’t mean that there isn’t also an irrational, knee-jerk contingent of passionate fans who lead with emotion and not their heads. I don’t have to live in Baltimore to know that because*every* fan base has them and they are, generally-speaking, the far and away largest group (certainly the loudest).

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That's a fair point. When Flacco was playing like dick, many fans were calling for his head. But I was just pointing out that many Ravens fans stood by him too and were confident in the playoffs b/c 1) there are a lot of seven nation army chanting homers that think Flacco can do no wrong and 2) hardcore fans knew that the O-line was crap due to injuries and Oher sucking on the left side. I don't even know what I'm arguing about anymore...got defensive about Ravens assumptions...my bad. Flacco had legit reasons for him sucking at times (O-Line)...perhaps the same thing is afflicting Schaub. Flacco can escape pressure though, so I'll just keep beating the Schaub needs to work on his squats and explosion drills drum.