1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Would Dwight Howard Look Next To James Harden In A Rockets Uniform Next Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jan 7, 2013.

1. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Don't want Dwight. That $20M can be better spent.

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Prepare the iPad!

3. psman2

psman2 Member

Sign Howard then trade Asik for Ryan Anderson. Magic 2.0 new and title worthy.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

lol on what?

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

it's 2013, these days a GMs gotta give out at least a whole suite of Apple products

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm not getting my hopes up. I think he stays a laker in the end.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dwight had a chronic spinal nerve pinch that has yet to be alleviated by surgery almost a year ago. I think this guys career might be coming to an end tragically.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I said this a month ago, Dwights back injury wont get better. generally back injuries wont ever be the same. Tmac is a prime example.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So....if Houston gets Howard (a big if IMO) does that mean that guy that guaranteed Dwight would be a Rocket gets to come back? His username slips me at the moment.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the concerns about his back are pretty legit.

When it comes to NBA players, backs and knees are a big issue. If you are having problems in both areas you're career can come to a prompt ending. See Tmac for back and Roy for Knees.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He had this surgery like 9 months ago? And he's still feeling sharp pain run up and down his spine. I think he's done. If you're smart you stay away from acquiring this guy. Laker's can sign him to a hostage contract if they want.

12. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

well, I said that 3 months ago, Dwight is over.

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Imagine a backcourt of CP3 & Harden, with Dwight Howard up front?

Unstoppable. I'm hoping that Harden & these guys 'bond' over the All-Star break, then they make a Miami style move to Houston...Hire coach K...bring in a few bits 'n' pieces...The Next Dynasty.

Yao could even come back for 10-15 per game...just saying.

1 person likes this.
  14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Your right once you have a bad back it's going to be there for now on.

15. carayip

carayip Member

Why not trade for Lebron and Durant and bring in Phil Jackson?

Maybe even bring Hakeem and Drexler out of retirement, just saying.

1 person likes this.
  16. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

A potato.

We aren't winning a championship with him as a 2nd star on a $20M contract, and if we aren't winning a championship I'd at least prefer likeable players and flexibility.

Dwight wants to be the first option, he sulks and plays lackadaisically if he doesn't get his touches, and when he tries to create from the low post he's an abomination.

If he could accept being the 2nd option and accept criticism and try to legitimately work on his game than yeah, but he fits none of that criteria while being one of the biggest primadonnas I have ever seen in this league.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Holy #%^#**%}!

That last sentence in bold made me pee my pants. Maybe Drama Dwight isn't such a pipe dream after all. All the more reason for Morey to keep his powder dry, and preserve that cap-space. We ought to pick up a couple of picks too, since that would likely be the price of buying Howard's bird-rights if he does decide to leave LA.

Now more than ever, it's important for us to make the playoffs this year. That significantly limits the players we can trade for picks. That list is probably:
    TD
    Aldrich
    Morris
    Greg Smith -only if we kept Aldrich (although I'd hate to do it since he has so much upside)

None of those guys are all that critical to our success. I think Beverly could fill in nicely for TD. Morris is a glorified 3-pt shooter who can't play D to save his life. Aldrich is gone. We'd likely need to keep Smith if we were trading Aldrich.

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

This should get its own thread in my opinion.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah... like 8 undersized pfs wasting away in the dleague

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would love to add 17/12/2 and the best post defender in the game to this roster, especially if we still have Asik coming off the bench. The paint would be closed for 48 minutes, there would be no point in the game when a top 5 rebounder or top 5 post defender would not be in the game.

Right now when Asik goes out our post defense drops to nothing and our defensive rebounding becomes very poor. Last night against GS Asik picked up an early 1st quarter foul and he had to back way off on his defense to keep himself from picking up an early 2nd foul. With the addition of D12 both Asik and D12 can play shut down defense all game with little fear of fouling out. Asik can keep D12 fresh for the whole season by limiting his minutes.