1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the shark, Jan 30, 2013.

1. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Thank you for playing along. I'm very sorry. I'm so ashamed.

[​IMG]

Chicago Bulls
    Houston Rockets

Nice. Congratulations on this monumental achievement.

[​IMG]

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, so you really aren't a Rockets fan cause you don't even care about Rockets history.

That's ok. we already know there are a bunch of fake fans who don't care about the Rockets now or back then.

Another Jordan picture for you.

[​IMG]

3. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

If you value beating the Bulls more than winning a championship then I have nothing more to say about this.

4. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Thanks a lot.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

you're welcome.

but since you brought up Jordan.

My opinion.

I think if you asked Jordan about McGrady comparison, I think he would be insulted . If you ask him about a Kobe comparison, he'll be ok with it.

6. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

I couldn't have agreed more.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Jordan is a straight shooter:

Found this on a credible website

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1549/rudy_t_reflects_on_rockets/

On the Rockets vs. Bulls debate

I finally got a chance to talk to Michael Jordan years [later] over at Barkley's house and he thought that the best matchup they would have had during that era was against us because of the way Max used to play him and how our big guys used to dominate their inside.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/One-on-One-with-Michael-Jordan_6189/p/5

MRS: Michael, I'm now giving you the opportunity to create the Dream Team of Michael Jordan, of all players of basketball. You're on the team, and you can name four other guys at different positions. That doesn't mean there aren't 20 other great guys for those positions, but you can explain your picks.
    JORDAN: That's a very good question. It's going to be somewhat biased because I didn't play back in the days of Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, some of the great stars prior to me. And it's very tough because I'm friends with a lot of players today.

But if I had to pick a center, I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him.

Power forward: There's James Worthy, whom I love, and he is a North Carolina guy. Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, whom I adore and is a good friend, and Charles Oakley. But in terms again of versatility, it has to be Larry Bird. The things he could provide to you all around: his demeanor, his work ethic and his versatility once again.

8. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

boo!

get a life! tmac was an amazing player, but he just couldn't get out of the 1st round. i blame danny crawford for that awful call in dallas at the end of the game when the dallas player saved the ball while clearly standing out of bounds.

9. Orange

Orange Member

Blame Tracy if he had any heart for the game he would still be in the NBA

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Stupid thread. Good try though.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Yao & T-mac had brooks, scola, lowry, landry, martin, artest - heck if they had any two of those guys or even a healthy howard - they would have won that series.

Problem wasn't Yao & T-mac, it was they had too many scrubs. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=125237&highlight=scrubs+contender

1 person likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

the dude who started that thread never got any rep points hahahaha

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

haha - rep didn't exist back then you fart ;)

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Olajuwon was no tracy mcgrady. Get over it tinman.

Tmac in his prime won 2 scoringtitles #shawnbradley dunk #13 in 33 makes him the best player ever Hakeem couldn't hold a candle to orlando tmac yea you know.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

So why's there a thread about Tracy Murray again

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

This thread feels like someone is hating on James Harden and bringing up Tmac again.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

18. tinman

Supporting Member

you need to find a dictionary.

"If" implies a hypothetical situation, not a truth.
    truth is reality.

The OBVIOUS TRUTH is that McGrady during his Rockets tenure never led a team to playoff victory.

The "HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION" is what's below

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A dictionary doesn't define the impact McGrady had for the Rockets. I suspect that's why it's so hard for people to remember it.

PS the people on those 2005-2007 playoff teams are facts, as are their performances and statistics.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

a dictionary tells you that the truth is not a hypothetical situation.

you said it was an "OBVIOUS TRUTH"

the quote was "If Yao and Tmac ", that's something that is imaginary and situation created not in reality.

It's the obvious truth that the 49ers would have won a superbowl if they had scored a touchdown instead of going 4 and out.