1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bobcats @ Rockets 2/2/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 1, 2013.

1. gold555

gold555 Member

Agree

Ppl like to simply conclude by what Lin's mistakes.
    But at least three things are so important as the causes.

Coatch's rotation do effect his momentum. You always expect him perform allstar level, but did you treat him that way? We all know this is Hardon's team,..... Imagin if coatch bench Hardon in that rythm...what ever;

The other team did jobs on adjustment, come on, NBA team knows how to
    play that. Only to MJ , KB, LbJ.. a few super level guys, you have no answer.
    I do not think Lin is that level.

He is more teamplayer than ISO player, and he really makes mates better.
    Do you still remember those mates around him during Linsanity? And now when you see the big numbers in the stat for all the other first lineup, you donot feel happy, and appeciate him? Teamplayer PG is our god's gift for this yough team....

More than those things, of course we agree lots of critic, shooting problem, fly in the air and no one to pass... Actually almost only the shooting problem is critical now. We simply forgot his exellent pass, but never ignore those bad passes. A lot of time receipents should take some charges. Anway I guess we never care more Hardon's TOs than Lin.

Think about it, we have the youghest team, and execise pre-season with Lin's ball handling till the first match, Hardon landed. Many up-downs happened, time is needed to whole team and Lin, the brain of the team specially. We already have a very super level 1v1 player, now plus a more mature PG. I felt the best of the comb in the near future. Keep positive, fans.

2. novaman

novaman Member

I think part of the blame falls on McHale for this. TD was playing great before McHale decided to sit him for Beverly for a few games. Seems to me he hasn't really been the same since.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

No, Toney Douglas has always been inconsistent. That is why the Knicks dumped him. I like him as a player, but you guys looking for any excuse to blame McHale are getting ridiculous. McHale in no way caused a guy known primarily as a shooter to go 3-11 last night.

You guys whining about coaches destroying players' confidence are absurd. Toney Douglas's main skill is shooting. If he cannot perform that skill consistently, that is his problem, not the coach's.

4. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

second Portland game comes to mind

5. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Heh, waited five years to make that post. You have to respect a man who holds his tongue and thinks things over carefully before offering an opinion.

6. brick

brick Member

Agree. The coaches and players were somewhat underestimating the Bobcats, like some new experimental rotations.

7. jeremywong

jeremywong New Member

Chris Paul don't sit when 7 minutes left in the 1st quarter while playing well

8. imanshar

imanshar Member

Jeremy Lin stats in last 5 games:
    14 pts, 7.4 ast, 3 reb, 2.8 stl, 0.8 blk, 3.6 TO, 50% FG, 38.5% 3FG

is he becoming more consistent?

9. conquistador#11

hi, i'm your best friend...small sample size. and since everybody likes to use small sample sizes to look down upon a player..yes it's proof that he is more consistent***

***disregard when we go through our next losing streak:p

10. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

It's a sad reality that, a lot of folks here only see what they want to see, only hear what they want to hear. That self feeding cycle only serve its own purpose.:grin:

11. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Nice, using comments from a couple extreme posters and using it to make another generalization. Also, who said Mchale secretly hates Lin? Didn't see any of those words used in a sentence. God.

12. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Small sample size? :grin:

13. zdrav

zdrav Member

WHAT?! HE IS MAKING 8 FREAKING MILLION DOLLARS! HE SHOULD BE AVERAGING 25 PTS AND 10 ASSISTS!

AND THAT'S THE MINIMUM. IF HE REALLY WANTS TO EARN THAT MONEY, HE SHOULD ALSO PLAY PART-TIME WIDE RECEIVER FOR THE TEXANS FOR WHEN ANDRE JOHNSON NEEDS A BREAK.

14. Supermaruchi

Supermaruchi Member

He probably would have averaged in the 20's and 10's. it seems you don't realize the kind of impact a player such as James Harden can make. I'm impressed this ignorant statement has a scent of bliss.

15. imanshar

imanshar Member

Calm down dude, he is joking lol

16. Supermaruchi

Supermaruchi Member

I don't know how to calm down until you tell me to. I deliver shots of whiskey to the basket. Do not be like water. Be like Airball. :grin:

17. Roxs

Roxs Member

I was curious to see if Lin is improving his shooting. Turns out Lin shooting is improving dramatically from month to month.

November, 14 games: .373 FG%, .263 3P%
    December, 16 games: .489 FG%, .292 3P%
    January, 17 games: .422 FG%, .327 3P%

Season, 49 games: .431%, .293 3P%, .472 eFG%

.431% is tied 42nd among all NBA guards that qualify for the minutes per game leaderboard - 96 guards.

Here are comparable shooting numbers for NBA guards (FG%, 3P%) for this season:

Kevin Martin - .450, .435
    Goran Dragic - .444, .320
    Eric Bledsoe - .441, .364
    Stephen Curry - .440, .457
    James Harden - .440, .328
    Ty Lawson - .431, .360
    Kemba Walker - .432, .349
    Jason Terry - .431, .289
    Mike Conley - .430, .356
    Greivis Vasquez - .426, .374
    Damian Lillard - .423, .362 (who would've thought Lin is shooting better than Lillard at this point in the season?)
    Russell Westbrook - .419, .325
    Deron Williams - .415, .340
    Jason Kidd - .414, .404
    Ramon Sessions - .409, .301
    Brandon Jennings - .406, .374
    Monta Ellis - .400, .252

Jeremy started the season as a below average shooter. He is currently about average in terms of FG%. In order to do that, he had to had some above average months, which he did back in Dec.

For those impatient to see Jeremy improvement. It seems that he already has.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

What about True Shooting %? It's probably below average due to low 3pt % and not drawing a lot of free throws..

19. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

really impressive improvement, fg% down by .067% :p
    He has been shooting the three better, so I'll give you that.

20. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member