1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. just a word

just a word Member

This.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Gallinari has chucked a lot of bad games but they're never against us

3. randomfan

randomfan Member

And they had it within 6, I believe, before the fouling started with under a minute to go. During the worst stretch, they went something like 17-2.

It's just that against a team as good as the Nuggets, you know it's very tough to build a lead, so it's kind of frustrating to see the lead disappear in a long bad stretch.

Basically, you hope to get lucky, and we did, building a decent lead. Once it gets close again, you don't really expect to get lucky and strongly outplay the Nuggets again.

McHale always talks about trying to find a spark. We were clearly very stagnant in that bad stretch. Why not add a spark when we actually need one?

For the record, I think Asik getting minutes and playing well is as important as Lin for the win...

4. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Rewatching the game on LP. Waiting to see the madness.

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

I hate losing

6. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

No, no, no, no, no. TD does great in spurts as a SG or energy guy. In the long run, he will kill you. That is because while he was getting his impactful 11 points and the rest to start the fourth, the team stopped playing a side-to-side- dynamic team game. If you can't see it, you can't see it. Maybe, it's a pg thing.. I don't know how people don't see it.

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Hard to guess, but I agreed that the game was swinging the other way around later in the 3rd quarter. Douglas came in way to early to sub Lin.

8. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Actually at that point Houston had lost the lead due to a huge momentum shift, and Gallinari was getting hot shooting. McHale finally smelled the game getting away and put Lin back in. From the point that he sat in the 3rd (about the 7 minute mark) to the point he came back in the 4th (about the 9 min mark), was basically 12 minutes, or a whole quarter. Denver was doing everything right, and Houston was slowly falling apart in that stretch.

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

There, there, Karolik, can't win them all.

10. Caris

Caris Member

McHale should have addressed Denver's run much sooner. He's always being out maneuvered by other coaches.

11. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

You are correct but we had a 7 point lead in late 3rd quarter and then Chandler made some bad plays. Then after Lin is subbed in we get 3 STRAIGHT turnovers and the momentum shifts even further and we all know what Gallinari did..

12. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

9:21 86-91 Danilo Gallinari makes 26-foot three point jumper
    9:14 James Harden offensive foul (Andre Miller draws the foul) 86-91
    9:14 James Harden turnover 86-91
    8:56 86-94 Danilo Gallinari makes 27-foot
    8:42 Patrick Patterson traveling 86-94

Gallinari's two 3 pointers and Harden's two turnover + 2P's turnover sealed Denver's victory for tonight.

13. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I remember Rox was in losing streak and everyone here was yelling for Lin to come back from bench.
    Only two points at the time, but the 7 points lead and the big mo were gone, when Lin was back.

14. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Lin was well rest and I thought he should have started the 4th. It doesn't mean Rocket would have won the game, but as fan we will never know.

15. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I think Mchale is quite dull, a lot of people here have better sense of the game than him.

16. thekad

thekad Member

There was a 9 point swing in the period where
    Harden and Lin were on the bench then Gallo made a couple silly threes. I'm the furthest thing from a LOF, but they actually have a point this time.

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

So Harden playing iso-ball again or trying to do it all by himself after playing two great team games?

18. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Why can't ppl just admit the simple truth... Mchale has a very short leash on Lin because he doesn't believe in him. Once you accept this fact, there is no need for 1000 posts on why mchale does what he does.

19. just a word

just a word Member

Plus, for the first couple possessions when Lin came back he wasn't actually running the offense. Once he did, the plays started happening, but by then it was too late.

I just... couldn't McHale see that the game was close throughout? Why would he be willing to have the game go awry off of a Hail Mary shot or bad reffing (which we've seen all night?)? He should've subbed Harden and Lin in earlier, when the lead got to 4.

20. Cynops

Cynops Member

Can we get some post game interviews Clutch?