1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 1/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2013.

1. cw3k

cw3k Member

How can you blame Harden when McHale wanted Harden to handle the ball at every shot. Get the ball to half court, stop, hand it over to Harden. Every single play.

2. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

cool. those are buddies, i guess.

3. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

It should tell everyone how inept McHale is. One of the best basketball coaches can see it a mile away while McHale can't see it when it's right under his nose.

4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Maybe because Lin has 4.8 turnovers per 36 minutes last year? I bet you didn't even know how bad his TO numbers were last year.....

5. wukong

wukong Member

I don't necessarily blame him for the number of possessions he is obviously being asked/expected to 'be the man'. That is obvious coach decisions… but come on the WE with the TO's?? That was an opportunity for him to actually be a man and simply admit - I had too many TO's.

With great power comes great responsibility... He needs to take the reins and lead by example... part of that is to admit his own part in this mess.

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

yea and he won! If James Harden is winning no one would care about his TO's. That's like complaining about strikeouts in baseball. If you win the game, and slug homers all the time no one cares how often you strikeout, but you better deliver wins.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He won over a stretch of about 10 games. Harden won over a stretch of about 35 games, just because the Rockets haven't been hot lately doesn't mean it's because Harden has a lot of turnovers. He had a lot on those 5 and 6 game winning streaks too..

8. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Sound likes kobe. Whatever Lakers win or lose, it has nothing related to kobe's low fg% and high turn over. Oh, by the way, he shoot a lot too.

9. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Oh please don't say that. From the East Coast I've admired the Rockets' storied history for years, and more recently enjoyed Scola, Dragic, Lowry...

It kinda hurts that you think lesser of me as a fan. A fan is a fan.

10. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

we won 35 games already, nice.

11. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Where is Harden? Does he sit next to Delfino?

12. PointGuardRocks

Haha. See what i mean. these are the people who bring up Lins number so they can downplay harden as #1 in league in TO. what's is your point in bringing Lin last year TO. his first 30plus starts. I feel sorry for dude.
    Gtho.
    Harden is a SG. trying to play as a fake PG.
    Give me another SG who is as good as harden in getting 5.6.7 TO a night. none .

13. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

To be honest there are some people that really seem like all they care about Lin, not many are like that though

14. PointGuardRocks

rockets12 is that u Harden?

15. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Stop stirring up conflicts between Lin and Harden. They are both the stars of the team.:rolleyes:

16. PointGuardRocks

No. is not because all we care about is Lin. it is because idiots are coming out with their big mouth to trash and blame Lin for everything. and i mean everything. we just feel sorry for Lin. Clearly he is a very nice guy and never talk **** about others.

17. PointGuardRocks

What conflict. this is a forum. nothing else. don't get too serious.
    No not a conflict. . Just the truth. For those that can face reality. Then it might looks like a conflict

18. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Did you know Knicks team turnover numbers were down despite Lin's high turnovers? You want your point guard to have more turnovers instead of other players do because it's either turnover or high percentage shot. I bet you didn't know that.

19. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

There are some that are extremely unreasonable though, and yeah I know there are LOHs out there too. One example was when some people wanted to trade Lin to the lakers for Gasol because it would help Lin's game, some of them never mentioned improving the rockets just improving Lin. This is a young team, they're all new to the system. Give them time to adjust

20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I think he sits with Greg and/or Morris, if I am not mistaken.