1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 1/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

in other words... mchale is a terrible waiter.... he just ruined my evening :confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Arthurprescott2

The man brings up a good point. McHale should be looking for a long-lasting, efficient LED light bulb with EnergyStar/EPA approval.

3. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Hey, I am all for Lin outsmarting the rest of the league. Unfortunately the Spurs game was one of out 44 games Rockets had played.

Of course the league has figure out Lin's game. It's up to him to make adjustment.

4. OpportunityCost

Right now we're using some 2-year old generic brand 40-watt bulb from Family Dollar.

1 person likes this.
  5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

This team relies on James Harden too much. When he struggles, the Rockets have no chance. Need to bring in another star to help carry the offensive load.

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Russell Westbrook can shoot 3-16 with 6 turnovers and Okc still almost beat the Warriors.

7. Arthurprescott2

You mean the kind that blinks on and off, gives off smoke at times, and puts an extra $20 on your electricity bill every month? :(

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

More like the coaches rely to much on Harden....he struggles and they want the other players to keep feeding him. But then what do you do...he's the max contract guy so you're going to get that treatment.

9. OpportunityCost

Yep, when it's blinking on, that's when JH ISO show is working. When it's blinking off, a good defensive team has clamped down on our predictable YMCA offense.

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Much easier when you have one of the best shot blocker and arguably the most potent offensive weapon on your team.:grin:

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Players defer to him because they can't create their own shot or lack the confidence. Harden is able to fit in with Durant and Westbrook. That's what makes star players star players. If you bring in another star I doubt the star would defer to Harden.

12. Arthurprescott2

This team more than anything needs a more rigid system set in place. Where players are given limited roles tailored to their strengths. We're relying too much on 2ndary ball-handlers and too many guys are trying to create off the dribble. Main reason for turnovers. Entrust the shot creation to 2, maybe 3 guys. Whenever I see Parsons put the ball on the ground, I start panicking now.

13. PointGuardRocks

hey LOH , it does not take a LOF to feel that there is a conspiracy by mchale.
    we almost beat he spurs with jeremy running the show. how could he not see that. harden is not a pg, he is a high TO machine. everything is pointing at conspiracy. how can u tell your point guard to pass the ball and stand in the corner the whole game. its pathetic . playing pg as a shooting guard. bottom line , we sucks with the way harden running the show.
    And harden is not efficient at all if u add the shot attempt, ft(2 ft as 1 shot) and each TO as one shot. dont be blind with his point total.

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

So all we need is one of the best players in the game

15. Roxs

Roxs Member

I think it's more accurate to say that the league has figured out the Rockets in general.

A. Pack the paint so Harden/Lin can't drive.
    B. Get back on transition ASAP.
    C. Slow the pace down.
    D. There's no inside presence on offense, so make sure Delfino or any hot hand have all their shots contested.
    E. Be patient and the Rockets will turnover the ball.

16. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Haven't we beat some of the best defenses so far though? (during our hot streak)

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I'll settle for Josh Smith :( Can finish strong so that will help Lin/Harden get some easy asts, run the floor, block shots, and rebound which the Rockets can definitely use.

18. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

At this pt., I don't think a new player will really help us tremendously. We have bigger issues to deal with.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You don't think the 30pts, 13 rebounds, 8 asts, 3 block shots would of helped the Rockets tonight?

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I disagree with the creating own shot...but do agree with you on the confidence factor. But a lot of the latter comes from the direction of the coaches. It's just speculation but if you are told to pass the ball to A player a good portion of the time...sometimes the reaction is going to be instinctive. I'm still hoping the Rockets make a solid trade for a upgrade in the 4 position....is successful that will open up the floor more and give some breather room to Harden and perhaps make Lin more effective as well.