1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. K_G

K_G New Member

why don't u just change a subject? "Jeremy Lin is a joke"? he's not a selfish player and he really trying hard to help the team and sacrifice his stats, but he never get the respect from Houston fans, we know that Lowry or Dragic might be your choice, but pls note, a lot of Lin's fans prefer he still staying as a knick (okay, I don't want to argue anything about the contract anymore, pls just stop)

2. Luca

Luca Member

I feel you dude, we're all frustrated. I know we all need patience with this team but the coaching staff is not doing a great job at all.

3. torocan

torocan Member

Lol. Sorry, have to disagree.

Dragic is still an $8m player. He had ONE good stretch of games last year (like Lin), and Harden is the foundational player.

And 31.8% from the 3 point line is a small upgrade over Lin and a HUGE downgrade from TD (40% from 3).

And in exchange for that you get substantially worse defensive play.

Defensive Rating - 109
    PPP Allowed - 0.89 (222nd in the NBA)
    Defensive Efficiency - 2.03 (17th among starting PG's)
    Defensive Win Shares - 0.7
    Defensive RAPM -2.07 (2nd worst on the Suns)

So would Dragic be better for the Rockets? Perhaps a little offensively (is that really our weakness?). He'd kill the team on Defense and can ANY team afford two defensive black holes in a line up?

4. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

It's mcfail's old policies again. He wants Harden to work for the team. No, Lin is supposed to be PG, and he runs the offense, not Harden. Why is that so difficult?

5. VanityHalfBlack

I know right??? I need to get rid of these feelings, hope the bobcats can provide that...

6. VanityHalfBlack

Isn't this your thread smart-ass????;)

7. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Looks like OP ran out of argument :eek:

8. jocar

jocar Member

Yeah only because that's what you are already thinking before you even see it.
    He could have just as easily been thinking : "Lin, why don't you just do that more often?" or a million of other things.

You are so cynical.

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Why do people not understand why the thread title has not changed and the thread has not been close? The thread remains the way it does because "the story hasn't been completed".

If anything, Lin fans who truly believe in him should want to see this thread to the end where you may be proven right. Then the thread stands there as a testament to those who believed and to shame those who didn't. If Lin is not a joke this thread is the ultimate opportunity to shut people up. In the end the OP will be correct or Lin will shut up the haters with his play.

In the meantime, let's ease up on the Jeremy Lin White Knight defense. He's a grown man that will stand or fall on his own, just like the rest of the players in the NBA.

10. jocar

jocar Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/28GLa9T2CtI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. pnr

pnr Member

Lol you know the sets call for the PG to hand it off to Harden? The reason is because Harden is a rhythm player and needs the ball in his hands. He is not a good off the ball player. The ball would still be in Harden's hands the majority of the time because Harden is a better basketball player than Dragic.

12. Dei

Dei Member

Goran was .337 from the 3 last year. He is a PnR PG like Lin, too, so you get the best of both worlds on the floor. And, again, the idea that he'll be used solely as a 3pt shooter is a conjecture. You putting too many implications in Harden being the "foundational player."

His Defensive Rating last year was 102.7 and PPP Allowed - 0.80 (108th). He also held his man to 30.8% FG (4th). So I'm inclined to think it's because he's in the Suns.

13. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

You really need to read your post again, you are trying way too hard to hate on Lin, to a point that you are unreasonable. You are using Goran's stats from a better year (last year) to compare with Lin's current struggling year; you are unreal buddy. If you are going to do that then why don't you mention that last year Lin had higher PPG, RPG, APG, SPG and BPG than Goran, lol. Also, Lin's 3P% from last year was 0.320. So again like Torocan said, not much an upgrade from 3 point line, understand.

14. Dei

Dei Member

No. I'm only talking about what LOFs did.

15. Dei

Dei Member

Follow the track of discussion. I said "if Dragic's stats from last year translated to this year": http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7554143&postcount=3906.

16. Exel

Exel Member

But like Lin so far, Dragic's stat he had last year hasn't translated to this year as well. Which is weird, because Dragic has a better pick and roll big to play with in Gortat than he had in Houston last year.

17. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

18. Dei

Dei Member

And if you actually followed the track of discussion, you'd see that post was the post torocan was responding to. But what can I expect from a LOF?

19. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

Torocan said Goran (0.318) is not much of an upgrade from the 3 point to Lin (0.281), which is a difference of 0.037; then you brought up Goran's last year 3P% stat of 0.337. Now why would you bring that up then? since Lin's last year was 0.320, which was a difference of 0.017. Now I will tell you why, you brought it up to suggest it is a much biggest difference, since Goran's last year 3P% was much higher than Lin's current year. I would not think you are stupid enough to bring Goran's last year 3p% to compare with Lin's last year 3P% since it was even smaller of a difference. But what can I expect from an id***.

20. Dei

Dei Member

Yeah. It hurts to hear that from somebody who can't read.