1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ERC

ERC Member

Not a knock on Harden or Delfino in any shape or form but I sometimes don't get the coaches' utter faith in them. I mean, at what point do you recognize your go-to guy is having an off-night? Harden at least has been known to go off in the 4Q, but Delfino has been streaky all season. If we need a sharp shooter, why not go with Douglas?

2. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Delfino makes some of the most bone headed plays by anyone on this roster. I got give props to Jeremy lin though, he showed a spark of lin sanity and that he had some cajones with those drives in the last 5 min or so of the game

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

td is too short for dirk.:grin:

4. ERC

ERC Member

I brought up the fact that I like Lin because I don't want folks to think I'm only saying Lin's not our #1 option because I dislike Lin. I personally think you can root for a guy who's game is still unpolished, just like all of us rooting for a team that's not contending.

I agree Lin's not being maximized at the moment. No argument whatsoever. But, humor me here. Imagine Lin/Harden coming down the court. Both can initiate PnR, both can catch-n-shoot, both can attack the rim. If you're the opposing team, who do you guard? The coach could easily stagger Harden & Lin's minutes (like OKC did with Harden & Westbrook) but deliberately chose not to. I think they want to get this duo to work. There's gonna be growing pains, but I think it's got potential. Even if it didn't work out at the end (I doubt it), at least they tried.

Besides, now that teams are not respecting Lin's outside shots and are collapsing on him in the paint, and he doesn't have a reliable PnR big like Tyson Chandler, Lin would literally take a beating every time he attacks the rim (as we've seen). That's not a long-term solution for Lin or the team.

I think the pieces will fit eventually. Folks just need to give it time.

5. ERC

ERC Member

LOL!! Good one!! :grin:

6. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Disagree, TD is perfect for Dirk.

:grin:

7. mil

mil Member

When in Golden State,Houston,even in New York,Lin was going nowhere trying to play the team system.A few days before the Knicks were to cut him,he said to himself,according to his interview,the hell with the system,he is going to play the way he knows how.Thus ,Linsanity was born.Parking at the corner,not looking for his shots is not the way he knows how to play.In N.Y. he was critised for being a score first pg.Now he is being blamed for taking too few shots.Now for whatever reasons he seems to overthink too much when he play.I think he can score if he really put his mind to it as seen in Spur,Lakers,Knicks games.I hope ond day we can recover the Lin who play the way he knows how ,consistently.By the way ,where is the 2Pat's mid-range jumper?

8. steady

steady Member

I like Delfino, and think he's contributed. Glad the Rockets have him. But bone headed sometimes, yes. Especially at end of games.

Has he ever been effective for the Rockets in the last two minutes of a close game? All I can remember are, oh no!, moments.

9. ERC

ERC Member

Where's anyone's mid-range jumper?

I get the high-efficiency of treys but when they are not falling, would totally take a made 2 over a missed 3.

10. ERC

ERC Member

BTW, I totally get what you're saying and part of me want to see it too. (Lin fan, remember? ;) )

I don't pretend like I understand/like/agree with the coaching decision. I just hope it's done in the sake of long-term growth of the team.

11. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

You did see the slow mo replay right? Brand got up big time, and with his long ass arms that layup was blocked pretty high up.

Much respect to Elton on that one.

12. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

I can't believe people slamming Lin on this game. He guts out his bad ankle, get hit to earn free throws, making layups to keep the rockets close. Sacrificing his body for that bogus blocking call on Mayo and people are bagging on him.....FFS appreciate the guy man, he gives his all out there.....OK, it was an ill advise pass at the end, but he was under pressure, had picked up his dribble and the game clock was running down, I didn't see Harden running over for an out.

And Harden should have trusted his running mate more and gave the ball up more to Lin and Parson at the end there, because he was plain awful tonight.

One thing I noted, Parsons is a baller and as such he should have demanded the ball more during that end stretch, Harden was having a bad night and took way too many possessions at the end there. I don't recall Parsons taking maybe more then one shot in the final 5 minutes?

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

thnx for interesting info... Lin is a true superstar- He is an inspiration!

14. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

I know, I think he was embarrassed.....;)

It was oh my eyes......

15. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Harden gets a pass for carry the team so far, he's allowed to have one bad game, but what pissed me off is when you're cold, you're cold, give it to the hot hand. I hope the superstar thing is not getting to his head.

Also it's time for Lin and Parsons to step up, both need to penetrate. Parson can, but he's under utilize offensively too. Parsons can go to the rim, but I barely see him do it. The guy isn't afraid to dunk, unlike Asik, and we can use the easy points or FT.

16. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

If this game and the 4th quarter showed anything, is that the Lin-Harden PnR is deadly at the top of the key and cemented that, atleast in small to moderate doses, it is impossible to guard. Why we don't use that more often confuses me.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

I kind of like this team, they are still playing hard during the losing streak, have to respect that. They were running low on fuel against Dallas, but still made it a game. Harden is better than I thought he was, a true all star, but he had an awful night. Sometimes the good ones just think they can get it going when they can't. This bunch has something that I haven't seen around here in a long time, potential. Another piece or two and they could be going places. Haven't said that for a long time.

18. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Lin was fantastic in the 4th.

Unfortunately, Harden dug a hole so big with his 18 missed shots and 1-8 shooting from 3-point range, it would have taken Linsanity, Chandlersanity, Asiksanity, Pattersonsanity and Beverleysanity for the Rockets to dig their way out.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

I'm waiting for the day when Lin scores 30+ and Harden scores 40+ in a game.

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

they even need not another piece...just to survive this shooting slump......they made enough open looks every time to bury any team....