1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. BaconAndEggs

BaconAndEggs Member

The hate on Lin is because of the tease. We were ready to call it a night, why he gotta tease us with false hope in the 4th :confused:

2. split41

split41 Member

That is a bad stat, but it was his blown open layup (that would have given us the lead), which was his cardinal error. It cost us the game.

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The past few games the Rockets are hovering around 50-60% from the FT line. I don't understand whats going on with the entire team...

4. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

I didn't see a good angle of Lin's pass, not sure how you all are so conclusive of what happened. All I heard was the announcer saying it went through Parsons' hands...

(waiting for people to start calling me a LOF now LOL)

5. cogitoergosum

cogitoergosum Member

like I've mentioned before... the free throw issues are solely due to the players fatigue. But but but..they're young!! ....no! No matter how conditioned of an athlete you are, you cant sustain this type of tempo for many games. This aint not 100M dash coach Mchale... Use your head..it's about damn time.

6. art

art Member

missed fts and layups, smh
    blocking on lin and harden got hit (refs missed that one)

i see jeremy lin put money on the rockets. spread was -5 Lol

7. kozmo

kozmo Member

GREAT POST

8. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Crazy we don't run more screens for Lin, he does such a good job at getting to the basket and drawing the foul.
    He's so awful at shooting spot up 3's, it's like the equivalent of when I would watch Trevor Ariza try to dribble.

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

agreed. THe problem is when Harden is playing well he needs to do other stufff, like play defense and not shoot. Delfino wide open 3 and he wants to go to the hoop when he's already blown a million shot around the baskets. If he were on those bulls teams John PAxson would've never gotten that shot!!!

10. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

We lost this game due to the fundamentals. Free throws and layups. Great game anyways.

11. nadman89

nadman89 Member

i usually say bad calls go both ways but this one was frickin ridiculous even hubie brown said it

12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Harden faking injuries lol

13. rocketsmetalspd

It is not Lin that is the problem, it is the PF position and SF positions that are killing the team. I hope a trade is done but the only ones that should be traded should be Morris, TD, Patterson, Cole but I don't know what that can get you.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL Lin fans trying to give Lin credits than he deserved. We lost, no one deserves credit when you miss key freethrows, Harden ball hogs, miss layups and make errand passes.

I hate these pat ourselves on the back posts, we lost, good job good effort.

15. Parsons4Lyfe

Parsons4Lyfe New Member

My take on this game is that the Rockets really need to step up. We have a better record than the Mavericks. Therefore we should have won. It is basic statistics and is as simple as that. Hopefully we can come back and start playing like the champs we are.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Lin looked great in the 4th (minus the damn missed ft) but man... Harden couldn't find the bucket to save his life. I don't think there's much mystery to this losing streak - we just can't hit a bucket to save our lives. It's like th whole team is in a shooting slump. Odd but nothing I'm too worried about. Proof positiv that we need another legitimate star though.

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

Why does Jeremy consistently stop his dribble at the most inopportune times. It's the only thing he's actually consistent at. If he didn't pull up his dribble while getting double teamed there would have been no risk of a turnover. /discussion

18. BaconAndEggs

BaconAndEggs Member

Harden was off all night in everything but he'll come back with a 30 point game sooner rather than later. Lin...could be the ankle?

19. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Harden needs to stop looking for his own and forcing the offense when he's having an off night. It's not like everyone else was cold, Lin was on fire and Harden kept killing the momentum.

I don't get how on nights he plays well he takes 15 shots or something yet tonight he clearly didn't have it yet took 23...the one play where he almost lost the ball, picked it up and just chucked up a 3 that hit nothing but backboard with tons of shot clock time remaining just made me go WTF.

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

OJ Mayo, the jump shooter, went to the line 13 times.